Unique weapons on WT4 need to be 925

PTR: “Legendary items dropped from enemy level 95+ are always 925 item power.”

Bosses like Varshan, Grigoire, Beast in the Ice and Zir arent level 95.
So they keep dropping unique weapons that aren’t itemlvl 925, only good for salvage.

What’s the point of buffing unique weapons like Fleshrender if they aren’t the right itemlevel?
Would love to try out a 925 Fleshrender, but unless it drops from a random mob, it won’t happen.

6 Likes

I was just thinking of this as I was spending my summoning mats to do some Duriels early this morning. Killing Varshan, Beast, Zir, and Grigoire all feels anti-climactic. “Look, the item I need dropped, but the ilvl is so low that it doesn’t matter.”

Tier 4 versions of these bosses should always drop 925 gear. As long as it’s limited to uniques, I’d agree with the change.

1 Like

I agree with both of you.
Farming Occulus for example was terrible. Still have yet to find a 925 and still cannot find a non-atrocious 900+. It’s pointless.
They could(and should imo)scale the drops from those Bosses to Player Level.

Clvl 95+ will get 925’s.
Sub Clvl 95’s will get scaled items with the current chance at 925.
Carried Players will get standard scaled items(no guaranteed 925 for a 60 for example).

1 Like

I could get behind this change. I was trying to think of how to avoid abusing it since these bosses aren’t that difficult, but just tying it to character level is an easy solution.

In this particular instance it ought to be tied to Clvl due to these Bosses being fixed levels.

That or scale the Bosses to Clvl just like the rest of the world scales.
Player 60 see Varshan as a 75.
Player 80 as an 80.
95 as a 95
etc.

1 Like

i’am conflicted.

on one hand yes they often give useless unique due to item power, on the other hand being given full max item power unique from them at low level is kinda…a bit too much.

that being said yes it could be tied to lv of the character

1 Like

100% this needs to happen as well, the bump to have open world or mobs above lvl 95 drop 925 is nice and makes it much easier for any player to find the right piece, it was never really a problem since NMD lvl 75 or higher typically did the same and are easy to run.

It does make a huge difference on Weapons mainly 925 vs say 900 or less adds a lot more than people think once that number gets all the additive dmg and then multiplied.

I hope they do this as well and I for one will play the PTR and send this feedback again.

Yes, that is important.
S2 I was farming for condemnation and kanjar and never got a 925 version.
That really hurts.

At least azurewrath drops from duriel, so that will be max lvl.

I said this before, I don’t think all uniques should drop at 925 though. I just think the ones at duriel should rotate.

after the recent change? u kinda have to make every unique 925 for maxlevel chars, everything else will, so uniques not? that makes no sense

Yup, the best place to get 925 unique is not from the target farming boss. But from the T100 NM vault which is ridiculous.