[Main Thread] Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)

I don’t think it has anything to do with throttling, the blue that replied here was replying back when the original poster posted the wrong error code. The throttling is just the queue we are sitting in. The error is something else.

There is a lot of correlation between here and on twitter with people logged in initially and leveled for a bit (level 4-5) and then got this error. This is probably unrelated though, just a coincidence.

I just spent 9 hours of my day sitting in a digital line for a chance to be told to “please go back to the end” by you guys same error over and over can we get some actual ETA? or maybe you all can extend the beta length because man i really wanted to play but insted i got to stare at the same loading screen FOR 9 WHOLE HOURS

1 Like

i highly doubt it’s a throttling issue as many of us have been in this state since the beta launched. Others have been logging in since. Makes no sense to throttle a group of people and then let the flood gates open for everyone else.

The error also doesn’t suggest any kind of throttling. It suggests our accounts do not have valid licenses to participate in the beta.

All of blizzards posts about throttling refer to the long queue times, not black listing people.

If you want to play, I think without waiting for blizzard is to refund and purchase on another account and then refund that account and re-purchase on your main account after its fixed. What a dumb way to play the game.

So unfortunate. It’s not like we changed anything on our accounts for this to trigger. I hope blizz figures it out soon.

Has anyone successfully done this though?

Hey there been having this issue all day. Just got in. Canceled my preorder, created a new account ( same PC) preordered again and bam straight in. Same install so its 100% account based. Will cancel again and move back to my account if they sort it, not ideal but 100% works.

2 Likes

Thanks you for the clarification that it works. I’ll probably do the same tomorrow if its still an issue.

You could just create a second account and get in using a kfc ticket.

That doesn’t fix your account though and if your goal is to get the beta wolf pup unlock then it’s going to be tied to the wrong account.

Attempt 13. Invalid License again.

We shouldn’t have to make another account, Blizzard needs to fix the problem.

2 Likes

Your waiting your time. its an issue on blizzards end. I was trying since it went live and never got in.

This is a weird way to throttle people. Why are we waiting 2 hours to learn we can’t access the servers? Is the 2 hour wait not throttling enough?

Small sample size, but 2 of the people I know that pre-purchased the game can’t get in, while the 2 people I bought chicken sandwiches for can get in. Seems weird

1 Like

The Original post used the wrong error code. that’s why blizzard responded with that message. It has since been corrected.

we know we want another person to respond

Install OBS and launch it. If they are doing anything to prioritize streamers, it’s probably checking if obs64.exe is running.

attempt number IDONTKNOW … been repeatedly attempting since beta launch over 9 hours ago. still recieving error 315306.

I’ll keep updating this thread until blizzard does something or makes an announcement acknowledging this problem.

For now it seems all they’re concerned about is the quality of the experience for the people that are still logged in or able to log in.

1 Like

Positive note, the recent 3 queues have been 35mins instead of 116mins so I get to fail faster.

Failure Counter: Unknown, too many to count.

1 Like

So I went to sleep, just woke up again to try to get back into the game with the hope of low to none queue times.

Good news, I have no queue times.
Bad news, I still have the same error.
its now 2:24 am CET here, hasnt been fixed since around 5:30 CET until to 2:24 AM CET.

Thank you, I guess !!!

It astounds me how much Blizzard does not care about people who actually paid for this game!