Bump it so we can gave it some visibility

5 Likes

Bump … fix it yesterday !!!

4 Likes

Bumping as well. This is annoying

2 Likes

Thought it was just me too. But yes no cdr

1 Like

blizzard pls stop doing these changes literally a few days into game release, i get that some stuff needs to be changed/fixed but this is annoying. playing until level 80 having a blast, bcs the low cdr on traps and being able to group up enemies so much, made up for the ‘lowish’ aoe the twisting blade build had, this was literally the most fun feature of the build
and now the whole build feels trash to play, nerf the damage of death trap or whatever, i dont care. but please dont change things that actually makes the build fun and engaging
thank you

4 Likes

Since you failed twice to make the same change, might be a good idea starting to make tests before throwing some random balance changes

2 Likes

I’m not convinced that they bugged it now. It looks like it was actually bugged before.

Closely look at the tooltip and the aspect descriptions:

Tooltip:

“When your Twisting Blades return, your active Cooldowns are reduced by 0.1 second per enemy they passed through, up to 2 seconds.”

Legendary aspect:

“Twisting Blades orbit for a short time after they return to you, dealing [10 - 15%] of Twisting Blades’ return damage per hit. Based on the distance the blades returned, the orbit damage increases up to [20 - 30%] of the return damage.”

The key here is that twisted blades orbit AFTER they return, and the CDR applies WHEN they return. The CDR used to be applied during orbital strikes pre-hotfix, now it does not. Call me crazy, but it sounds like it’s working as intended now, and was just broken beforehand.

2 Likes

The build is completely gutted due to this. We have to facetank everything which was fine with the CD of utility skills, it allowed us to move about and dodge more precisely. Now you are just sitting there with your thumb up your… well you know, and are just waiting for a utility skill to refresh or dying. Whichever comes first.

2 Likes

:exclamation::exclamation:BLIZZARD, please chime in. :exclamation::exclamation:

Some of us are waiting for confirmation – is it a bug or intended?

Need to know before we spend millions of gold in respec and gear.

3 Likes

And even if it’s intended if they are thinking about a buff again…

1 Like

The key here is that twisted blades orbit AFTER they return, and the CDR applies WHEN they return. The CDR used to be applied during orbital strikes pre-hotfix, now it does not. Call me crazy, but it sounds like it’s working as intended now, and was just broken beforehand.

Heck I’d be fine if it worked how you described, that actually seems like a balanced change… that’s not the case though.

If you test this on a longer cooldown ability (shadow clone, death trap), it’s pretty clear that you can ONLY reduce the CD by a cap of 2 seconds regardless of how many times you cast TB. The tooltip is effectively, “your CDs are 2 seconds shorter”

If they fixed it to how it was intended to be, why would they also keep the CD nerf with it? Wouldn’t “fixing it” to how it was intended to be an enough nerf to the TB build?

I hope it is a bug. They nerfed TB CD multiple times already and it seems weird to me that they would do a ninja patch on a skill only a day after nerfing it already.

2 Likes

No, regardless of the Aspect or not, if you watch your CDs when the original blades return they literally give not even 1 second of cooldown back on any abaility.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I see. There are definitely bigger issues in play here - the tooltips and descriptions just need to be a little tighter in wording. I’m hoping they address that alongside with whatever it’s actually supposed to do!

2 Likes

It would have to pass through 10 enemies in a straight line for that, which honestly seems kinda tricky. That’s why the orbits were so OP, easier AoE to hit more enemies than a straight line.

if blizzard take the same path as GGG and how they do things in PoE I dont think ill be playing diablo IV, cause if this is their idea of “balancing” then its the same thing GGG is doing with PoE, they target an engaging fun mechanic in some builds and kills it.

and whether this change is working as intended or not, its a giga bad change rendering the skills and abilities they themselves worked so hard on USELESS, not fun and unplayable, contradicting behavior and utterly stupid imo.

1 Like

Having the same issue, commenting for bump. hoping for a response

1 Like

Would also like to know if there’s a bug and/or if the aspect nerf was intended so I can decide to respec or not.

3 Likes

Trying to get some sort of confirmation from blizzard here. Was this intended???

If it was I’d strongly ask that it be reconsidered. My character balance felt just right at level 56, but I could already start feeling some pain in the higher nightmare tiers. I needed to be careful with my engagements to not get bursted down. With a CDR nerf this massive I’m pretty much abandoning this character.

I think you guys nailed an awesome and rewarding playstyle with the TB CDR, remenicent of some of the better designed LOL champs. This nerf seems like a huge step in the wrong direction.

2 Likes