Traps have no place in an ARPG!

Traps are not bothering or wowing me.

But the 3+ minute Poison R. Kelly pools have to go.

1 Like

i think the problem is that people dont want/cant dodge. Personally, i like the traps.

Nice bait btw, i almost thought the both of us would end up in a discussion =P

Clunky?

I don’t mind them as much as the rhetoric on here would suggest but the chest mechanic could use some tweaking IMO.

1 Like

I think part of the problem is they are still playing the game with point n click and would have a much easier time using WASD.

Thank you :wink:

Hopefully devs don’t cave to the instant gratification crowd that is screaming on X.

1 Like

Traps are a normal part of any dungeon crawler. How braindead do you need to be to think otherwise?

I did a write up on why traps dont work.

DEV Feedback: Why Traps dont work :mouse_trap: - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

All of which can be boiled down to “I hate inconvenience. I want everything to be easy.”

Also, I’m playing a necromancer and not having any issues with the traps. I’m handling the traps the same way I have handled every other stun or slow down that has been in the Diablo series since the very beginning.

You read my post and that is what you got out of it. Inconvenience? Really?!
As Joe would say: Come on man!

It’s just more junk to slow the game down. You can just ignore all the traps anyway, it’s such lame seasonal content.

That is what your long winded post is basically saying. You don’t like being slowed down. You don’t like clutter. You don’t like “feel bad moments.”…All of which has been a part of the diablo series since the very beginning… The feel good moments in a game comes from over coming such obstacles. Not an easy ride through the maze.

Response to this season so far has been overwhelmingly negative from streamers, players, reddit, forums, everywhere. So we all are wrong? I laid out my case very clearly. I stand by it.

You literally cant see the traps half the time. Covered by mobs, effects, ect. Esp if you kill mobs with poison as one player mentioned.

I can hardly even see the green dart ones in certain colored zones… on top of that, sometimes they shoot instantly before you can actually see the room and you lose a stack.

Super fun mechanic when the best way to do it is clear the vault save the last room. Zone in, then sit at the door and kill everything so you don’t accidentally step in (or get feared into :slight_smile: ) a trap.

Literally anything would have been better than traps. I feel SUPER bad for controller players, my friend and his wife did one run of these and already quit for the season. Good job Blizzard :slight_smile:

They had a great idea they just totally botched the execution. IF minion was instead something player equipped then it would have worked better. Traps should have just been a positive thing instead. It fits the theme of what they were doing they just forgot traps are not fun. Traps go against core gameplay of diablo which is zooom zoom kill things get loot. Not mental calcs of when floor traps you cant see because of mobs are going to go off and then if you are poor necro you dont even have movement skills so get rekt. I laid it all out with solutions above a couple posts.

Traps are fine in ARPGs, as player skills. But they even botched that, there is no true trapper build on Rogue like how POE has.

1 Like

Gamers today are crybabies with the rush rush mentality. The Vault game is not a speed game.

If time is so important to you that delays from trap is inacceptable, stop wasting your time on videogames. Videogames are big time wasters.

Traps existing in a game is very different than creating content that largely revolves around traps. Surely you can’t be so obtuse as to not see the difference.

It’s the same as MMOS with vehicle combat or jump puzzles. A quest here or there that involves them would be fine; having multiple dungeons that require them would make people upset. That sort of activity isn’t why people are playing your game in the first place.

When, in the history of ARPGs, has any majority of the playerbase cried out that they want to ‘slow down’? The genre itself is about speed and monster killing for big loot at its core. Slowing down gameplay, or making it not about ‘Go fast. Kill monsters. Get loot’ is always going to be unpopular.

You’d think people paid to design a game would understand the core concepts, and last season, it was actually looking up!! 1 step forward, 2 steps back… thats the d4 way!

He knows I have him on ignore and still responds with that. So cute.

They saw them in POE’s labrynth and thought they’d try and steal from that game to try and make themselves popular.