Too many cooks spoil the broth

Blizzard is ultimately an expert in game development, whereas game players are not. Therefore, I believe Blizzard should focus on doing what they think is right, and they cannot possibly listen to everyone’s opinions. If you were to ask 10,000 people, there would be 10,000 different improvement ideas for Diablo IV, and players can be divided into casual and professional gamers. Some non-professional players simply do not know how to give constructive feedback for the game, and listening to everyone’s opinions would be a disaster.

4 Likes

I agree and think that overall their design choices are very positive for the health of the game. I think the only thing I really want them to do is fully open trading up. Nothing else seems that bad or lacking.

1 Like

The restriction on trading is to prevent illegal studios from buying and selling gold and equipment. I guess Blizzard doesn’t want to completely ban trading either, as it would undermine the fun of the game. Therefore, Blizzard is trying to find a balance.

1 Like

Yeah exactly which is why I’m not in tears over it. Maybe they will find an avenue to open it in the future. It would be really cool to have endgame bosses with static loot tables that had really rare drops. It would just be pointless to kill those bosses after you get the rare drop without trading though.

That’s true - some - but certainly doesn’t mean they aren’t capable of giving constructive feedback. Wish more could describe and convey thoughts without using low-effort buzzwords (bland lazy uninspiring) and comparisons of every little thing to other games.

After all Blizz is caputring it:
Do the Devs see the Feedback on these forums? - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

it seems they wont be listening to anyones opinion on this, which is good, because this board has had some of the worst ideas ive ever seen, since BF3 battle log…LOL

They are experts in game development and I’m sure they love all the feedback and are smart enough to figure out what will work and what will not.

I’ll add if someone asks for cheese and ketchup on their ice cream then give it to them.

1 Like

Yep, too many complainers. I actually like that the D4 systems aren’t exactly like the systems from D2 and D3.

1 Like

Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Really? This is your post?

1 Like

But then I have to expand my sweets shop pantry inventory to include cheese and ketchup.
There’s a limit.
And there’s a limit to the “bright ideas” that can reach the developer, no matter how entertaining it may be, after a few hours, you’d just be numb to it all.
On top of that, there are many different views within Blizzard itself. Maybe they lose their passion for making games. It takes strong leadership to take charge of the vision so that a coherent product pops out at the other end.

It’s going to be a messy affair to distill what is generally acceptable changes to the product that could have broad consensus.
For example, I say give a 1v1 Duel Mode where you can challenge a player anywhere, at any level for a PvP quick fix away from the chaos of PvP zones.

Is that good?

Is it feasible to implement?

Certainly easier than some of the more extreme suggestions, but does it make sense for players? At what point do you include optional changes just to satisfy a relatively smaller portion of the playerbase while also keeping in mind that the change can give rise to new modes and avenues of endgame activities later down the line?

Some people are stupid

No fully open trade. Some type of trade interface that anonymizes the transaction to lock out d2jsp and other RMT sites from selling items, along with a trade access currency that has to be earned with gametime and is not tradeable.

1 Like