The Diablo IV Season 4 PTR: What You Need to Know

There is a bug in the patch notes Sorc Section, Teleport changes, last sentence does not belong there.

Will there be anything related to season 4 on the PTR or is this just a test of the itemization balance changes.

No season theme on PTR.

While a lot of these changes are great, I donā€™t see a reason why the First Upgrade to Bone Mages for Necromancer should have to have Bone Splinters or Bone Spear slotted to have a 25% chance for the mages to use those skills. Thatā€™s an unnecessary prerequisite that requires the player to slot those skills to use Bone Mages. Meanwhile, for Barbarians, the Legendary powers that require Call of the Ancients to be slotted no longer have that requirement. It would be nice if Bone Mages just had a 25% chance to cast Bone Splinters or Bone spear without the skills slotted.

3 Likes

They have not even discussed the S4 questline and new mechanic. Why would they be on the PTR?

1 Like

some amazing changes for my minions!!

• Two random sets of Ancestral gear at item power 920

Is this a typo?

one huge issue with each season is having to do the same repetitive crap over and over. another is the but heads that join a PTR never give comments does nothing but jam up the system, meaning it should be open it should be vetted somehow. and 3rd the new character should also be vetted in aswell EG: by having full all the statues of Lilith claimed at least once because again there is going to be no diversity in characters this seasons opening also im sure blizzard wants to see what results there is to thier labours

Iā€™m excited.
I stepped away from D4 after really enjoying season 2. Took a Sorc to level 90, did most of the things, etc.

This will bring me back. And season 4 as well. All the changes sound great, and an excellent start.

My main beef with the game at this point is something that will take a lot of time and money. The game needs moreā€¦Everything. ā€œAssets.ā€
More enemy types, dungeon tiles, environments, an actual day/night cycle, free cosmetics, a new classā€¦More quests, more story, etc.
And socketables worth a damn. Getting the gems out of the inventory was great, but gems are still so basic and boring. Just add more socketables. They did it temporarily for season 1, FFS.

1 Like

As the rare item drop rate will be reduced, I think the veil crystal drop from elite and from salvage needs to be increased multiplefold as we will be running out of Veil Crystal for enchantment or other crafting activities.

for steam users how we install PTR? or are excluded of testing?

It works only from Bnet or from GamePass linked with Bnet

Thank you thank you thank you! So many good changes in the patch notes! :heart:

My favorite part:

Legendary Items and Unique Items can now be traded.

Can we make a copy of our live version D4 folder and update it for PTR?

Iā€™d like to not download 90GB just for PTR.

1 Like

gg blizzard for the efforts, looking forward to april 2nd

i was starting to lose hope for my minions, thank you, it was need it for all the minions build fans

hope blizz learned from wow , and the ptr is just the update not the whole game

still no end-game added ?

When will it be downloadable? On the April 2 or?

Iā€™m excited. Hopefully itā€™ll all be good.

I hold hope because it looks good. Looking forward to the long awaited PTR to see things myself.