Temper make Unique Uber useless

Sorry but i have farm a couple of unique for Barb Bash one of the weapon was GF but the fact that i can temper a 2 handed Sword WAY WAY higher then GF makes it useless same thing for a lot of unique … so that make the unique farming useless to do … maybe make unique item Temper possible will be a way to go or make Unique Uber a little more powerful so it can worth farming ??

1 Like

Uber Uniques need to always come with GA to be useful.

1 Like

It is quite good that uber uniques are less powerful now (relatively speaking). They were too powerful.

But tempering should probably be brought down a bit too.

yeah but less powerful = useless = dont worth farming = uberboss not worth beating

Devs know of the problem, it’s being worked on, won’t be fixed this season, maybe next season, maybe the season after that, who knows.

1 Like

I sure wish Blizzard sticks to this (correct) view.
Uniques wont be uniques anymore if you can alter them… The entire concept is that they are static items.

Knowing Blizzard, they will likely do the exact opposite of what they say here, in Season 6.

1 Like

Yes, you can’t imagine my disappointment when I got GF this season. The same weapon I did like 250+ duriel runs to get in season 2.
Currently GF is probably worse than non GA 2hander. I got a 2 GH 2hander and it has little less life than GF and more everything else + tempers that I need to get my build more meaningful.

I think GF needs a huge buff. It’s silly that it’s completely useless now.

idk man my barbs damage almost doubled when I replaced my leg head gear with harlequin crest

Agreed. Now they could go a couple of routes to make them better, but ultimately I like that uniques are static in nature and can’t be altered. Maybe add 1 ‘unique’ affix that coincides with the unique aspect or something?

Deathless Visage for example is all about Bone Spear, they could easily add a +2 to bone spear affix. Granted this is the easiest example, but I’m sure they could figure something out for each individual unique, it would just take time.

I mean why not just allow them to be tempered…?

Uniques really aren’t that exciting for most classes regardless. If you really want them to be unique just give them more ability to define a class…

A good example for something like deathless visage that you mentioned… Why not do something crazy like make bone spear cost no essence. or attach corpse tendrils to it to pull everything in with it as it travels so they get caught in the explosions behind it. and make those explosions do the same damage as the bone spear.

I know that would all together be probably overpowered but like I don’t really get the point of uniques overall if they are just kinda… Legendary items that can’t be enchanted or changed in any way.

1 Like

I like your idea, regardless if it’s OP or not. Something that makes it stand out more and has the player think about their options. I only gave +2 to bone spear skill as a small example of course, but maybe a brand new affix we’ve never seen that’s special to that unique and you can’t find it on anything else, just like the aspects are.

Of course we also get into the issue of the ‘must have’ uniques at that point. It’s a tough balance, I am curious to see what they come out with though.

No tempers have nothing to do with that. Bash cleave does. Compare weapon tempers to sorc. Sorc gets a CHANCE to double cast a spell. Barb gets 4 tempers effectively doing 8 times the normal dmg of bash EVERY HIT.
GF still powerful for some builds because it essentially doubles whatever crit damage you already have.
And use duel wield with a rahmadinis if you want to see a unique outperform tempers. In a max fury build.
But uber uniues never been that great except shako. And it was made even more useful this season because of the lack of dmg reduction elsewhere.

After some testing I have to retract my statement. On paper the 2 GA two hander seems stronger but the 100x crit aspect on GF allows GF to significantly outperform the two hander.
I’m playing doubleswing dust devils and a 8/12 masterworked perfect tempered 2 GA two hander is losing to a 8/12 masterworked GF.

1 Like

But Grandfather can bring your 2,000 Crit Damage to ~4,400 Crit Damage… No other item has that kind of effect.

But, yeah I get your point. A well crafted Legendary is better (in a lot of cases) over a unique.

That’s what I’ve been saying. In my case the 2 GA legendary twohander seems better on paper but the Grandfather’s 100%(x) crit outperforms the two hander.
I’ve also realized the allstats have helped me secure some paragon nodes so there is a little bit off a buff coming that way as well.

1 Like

Yup, yup, I was typing the same time you were. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Starless skies can enable some pretty fun builds on sorc because you can spam cast any combination of core+mastery skills. Viability in high tier pit takes a hit though. Thats what you give up on this game to have fun, endgame viability.

The defensive aspects of tempering really need closer examination and balancing.