Steel Grasp needs some improvements

• It needs to work like Corpse Tendrils and pull 100% of the time.
  • It needs to have a weapon assignable
  • Ancient’s Oath should stun, not slow, and it should pull you towards enemies who can’t be pulled (Chain Hook effect)
  • Butcher’s Cleaver should cast Steel Grasp on critical strike and/or when hit by a distant enemy.
  • It should be able proc bleeds and other cc effects with its direct damage.
  • It should generate fury with its direct damage.

This isn’t hard.

3 Likes

Would love to see this implemented

This man speaketh the truth.

1 Like

Seems like they could also add a legendary that turns you into one of those tethers so mobs that run away get pulled back too

This should be a bug.
Here are several cases that make the character stuck beside using Steel Grasp:

1. Ground Stomp, if the enemies are too close and stunned.
  2. Enemies spawn at the position of the character.
  3. Enemies rush to the character that they partially overlap with the character.
  4. Sorc: Frost Nova freezes the enemies which are too close.

All of the cases share similar conditions, enemies are too close/partially overlap with the character.

2 Likes

I had a thought the other day to make Uniques better.

As long as Steel Grasp is on your skill bar it modifys WW to pull enemys in. Launching chains out. Would look so cool.

My only issue with steel grasp and rupture is both occasionally just get stuck/frozen for 1-2 seconds where your basic and core attack buttons do nothing

I just dont like the weird pause it SOMETIMES has even at + 60% attack speed

1 Like

If only steel grasp can apply a weapon type then it will be better… so we can actually get 2 weapon mastery that complement with walking arsenal

Ancient Oath needs to allow Steel Grasp to use said weapon as an Arsenal Weapon.

It is just sad how bad steel grasp is as a overall skill compared to Tendrils, especially with the new heart.

Great suggestions guy’s, i hope they implement them, the skill fits nice to thee barbarian, but not clunky as it is now, although i still use it with my lvl 55 upheaval deathblow and iron skin barb, got the iron skin so i dont blow up when i pull mobs because although i pull them and they are cced by being dragged yo me they always hit me without animation, so i pull and my hp goes down before i can cast, in NM dungeons its mostly a suicide move…

No, it should be part of the Base Skill considering it is a WEAPON MASTERY Skill without a WEAPON ASSIGNED TO IT.

It should always Pull enemies.

Vulnerable and Berserk need to each be 5 seconds.

It should Generate Fury.

Ancient Oath needs to turn your Steel Grasp into an AoE to function similar to Iron Maesltrom greatly increasing the Damage, Causing a Bleed, and reducing the Damage of enemies by 20% for 5 seconds.

this first of all! it breaks comboing and flow of weapon swapping -like getting dmg or crit chance on swap ( dmg on skill with new weapon or crit chance on Mortal Draw glyph or Walking Arsenal itself…) . this seems to be important part of combat design for barb - I dont get whats behind idea not to be able to assign weapon to it but I really hope they change this … it would be very simple buff

1 Like

… and this needs to be fixed asap as it happens constantly when using Steel Grasp

1 Like

make it an aspect then

Is the dodge cancel real? Some youtuber was saying the trick to SG was pull pack, dash cancel the recoil, then wack the pack.

Dodge cancel does work. But you run into the issue again sometimes after the Evade for some odd reason. There’s something fundamentally wrong.

Remove the pause for 1-2 seconds that randomly occurs

This skill could be so much fun. I really wish you could assign a weapon and use it as a grappling hook on enemies. It really needs to do more damage…

One would think a WEAPON MASTERY ability would allow an ARSENAL WEAPON assigned to it.

It would be great if Steel Grasp could actually be built to be a Primary Damage skill or a Utility Skill sort of like the treatment for Charge. Along with giving you an Extra Charge, Warrior’s Steel Grasp should fundamentally change how the ability works, sort of like how Power Kick changes how Kick works.

If Warrior’s Steel Grasp no longer pulled enemies but instead gave you an Extra Charge and Damage on par with Death Blow, it would be pretty good. A full Weapon Mastery build like how an almost full Brawling build (thanks to Ravenous) should be a thing.