Social interaction? World chat? Hello?

Why world feels so empty? There’s plenty of people playing, there’s no doubt about it but why chat is so dead? It’s like social interaction doesn’t even exist, you just see random players here and there, but from my perspective there’s no difference between them and random npcs or bots…

I hate to compare D4 to PoE but here I think it’s fair. In PoE, I can make a new char in Standard League and as soon as I log into a server, chat is going insane (no, not by the bots). People talking about items, how they feel about the game or just screwing around and we are talking about 10 years old game ffs.
Why it’s non existent in D4? It can’t be the playerbase, that’s for sure. Is Blizzard locking us to a group of people (in chat) that we can interact with?

2 Likes

It even exists in D3, too. No reason why it’s not poppin’ here, it’s possible people just don’t want to talk, but I’ve seen a response here and there in trade chat.

Sad to see, really.

inb4: join a clan, use discord, it’s not an mmo, etc.

Ya, I’m eager to see these kind of answers… That’s why I bring up PoE.
I feel like there’s something wrong with chat feature, because it’s
unthinkable that D4 chat is working properly in a way that it is right now.

That’s one of the main reasons I enjoy playing PoE for at least a week during the new seasons, the chat is just too funny. I enjoy both games for different reasons, though.

However, prepare to be eaten alive because you may in fact enjoy another arpg game that’s not made by Blizzard, you have been warned!

1 Like

But why would you want to stop and chat? It’s pointless.

I never bothered with chat in either D3 or PoE (not that I played that one much). If you want to chat, these forums are good for that. I think most people in the game would rather play than talk.

It’s just as pointless as playing the game itself.

I don’t think Blizzard made a concious decision to bring D4 closer to an MMO and force us to play online just so people can feel like they in fact play offline (but with a random “bots” running around here and there).

here: https://youtu.be/ZqyCrNGO5Cw

No, the whole point of this game is to play. If you don’t want to play but instead want to stand around and chat, you can do so in various forums and other social media stuff, can’t you?

Oh so I can’t play and chat around here and there? There’s only one option? Either talk to other people or play the game?

Geee, I wonder how any other multiplayer games are even alive by now. It’s either playing the game or logging into a social club, right?

1 Like

Well, you’re free to do that, but I guess you’d be talking to yourself. Have fun with that.

Ya, exactly. You finally start to realize the OP. Now read it all again. You are a slow thinker, aren’t you?

so, are you going to go ahead and find some lame excuse for the video i linked above?

Didn’t bother looking. Not sure why you people are so intent on forcing others to interact with you.

Your pointless and my pointless are two different things apparently.

I also stop playing to use the restroom, eat, sleep, work, cut the grass, maintain the house, do clothes, cook and clean, etc.

Nobody is forcing people to use the chat, but there’s no reason it’s not an option for others.

I have no idea what you are trying to say…

Yes, I find that painfully obvious.

im just trying to find a group for a quest. i posted on the forums, and discord and found no one. i love how finding a group in this game means i have to alt tab out, post on forums and discord, and alt tab every few minutes to check if there are any replies. 10/10 game design, exactly what i expect from blizzard tbh.

1 Like

Never said it wasn’t. Try to keep up.

Never said you stated it shouldn’t be, keep up, don’t try, just do.

1 Like

So what is the purpose of your posts? Just trolling it seems. If this is your idea of interactions, it’s no surprise nobody wants to chat with you in-game.