Skill tree forcing builds

Okay please post me the exact level 25 build in order of skill choices, and show me how it’s a summon only build.

Yeah…when you have a billion players using phone apps, you gotta change the game in order that those billion thumbs have something less challenging to do.
Take those same billion thumbs and give them a Path of Exile skill tree…enough said.

You are sounding like a pretty unstable person just flailing around angrily.

I never said you can make a 100% summon only build. I said that after level 10 which takes like an hour you can start building into the summoning skills and focus on that. No, there is no pure summoning focused only and nothing else build option.

Personal insults and dodging the point… nice lol

You’re basically just agreeing with my post but being argumentative about it somehow.

you’re only forced to take something at the start really. investing entirely into the first set of spells still unlocks the later spells. so you max out one of your first skills, and then you’re into the third tier of skills, allowing you to skip your second entirely. if there’s some useful passive in the second/third tier you can get to the 5th tier without taking anything other than passives+starting skills.

True. I trained a skill that might be used when all the planets in the solar system line up, in order to move down to another cluster of skills that have no synergy.

You’re missing the point. If you wanted to do summons only or have a highly customizable character skill screen, Diablo 4 is not the game for you.

There is not enough builds.

1 Like

I hope I get to Iron Gollum like it was in D2, I miss using awesome items to make different amazing Iron Gollums

I agree with you that you can’t invest 100% of your druid into summoning, yes. But I disagree with you that its bad design or that you can’t make a druid with focus on summoning. You gain access to summoning pretty early on, and from there you can dump your skill points into the skills and the various passives that improve them.

But yes, if you have some wierd hangup where you need 100% summoning or you quit… then you are right this isn’t the game for you.

As far as necro goes, I consider their situation to be an advantage. They get this in-depth summoning system and it doesn’t even require any skill points… they just kinda get it alongside of a full skill point tree to invest in other spells. Feels like BS from a druid perspective.

Valid points, but a little off. Yes they Druid and Necro are unqiue because of the summons and companions. But the issue with druid is the DPS on companions sucks, even with 5 in each one, it does no damage.

Necro on the otherhand does too much minion dps. You dont have any way to force a minion spec, yet they hit as hard as most core skills in other classes.

They should still get to that point, but maybe at the point of forcing you to “sacrifice” a tier of skills on the tree to buff your minions more. The inverse of what the sacrifice minion effect does right now.

1 Like

I get where the OP’s coming from. The necro in D2 had 3 trees. One focuses on summons, the second focuses on bone and poison, and the 3rd focuses on curses. You were able to put points into skeletons and other summons to make them better. Here you can’t really do that as much. Sure there are Passive skills in the tree that somewhat make it a choice but it’s not the same.

The Druid in D2 had an elemental tree, a Companion tree, and a tree focusing on shape-shifting. D2 was fun because you can do a companion build or a hybrid of sorts. In D4 you can focus on shapeshifting and elemental but the companions aren’t worth focusing on.

The skill trees in D4 still feel like you’re on rails with nodes making you choose a basic skill, a core skill, a defensive skill, a utility or movement skill, and an ultimate. There’s nothing to do with summons other than passives.

1 Like

You mean like how you take weaken and terror in the curses tree on d2 to get down to Decrepify.

People are literally arguing as this wasn’t a thing that you had to do in d2. Take n pre-requisite skills to unlock the one that you wanted.

I want to use Corpse explosion on my summoner necro in D2. Stick a point in teeth. Never going to use teeth and it has no synergy for what I’m doing but this has always been a thing.

It’s literally no different, no one playing a summoner in d2 would just put every single skill point in the summoner tree.

You take CE from Bone (1 point in teeth)
AMP and Decrepify from Curses (1 point in weaken and Terror)

Even in the summon tree you’re putting a point in mages, blood golem and Iron golem to get Revives when there’s a good chance that you’re mostly just using clay golem

Plus a filler point in golem mastery to get to summon resists.

Do it without a Merc.

Why does Necromancer only have 2 curses available? Please tell me this is incomplete and not the final product.

1 Like

Remove the space after // and replace % with a . between github and io
https:// lothrik.github%io/diablo4-build-calc/#N4BgNAjGDMBsME4BcAWMLwFYVOmTyesIuYsUsATGWhJRKXTngMYA2AhgM5cByHAWwCmSAHZCWAJwD2AjqJZDJAXyA

Plays identically to a D2 summoner. Decrepify instead of AMP damage though as AMP is an addition to all curses. Summons and CE do all the damage and killing.

Zero other spells used, just a few pre-requisites just like there would be in D2

Thanks for the DIV Skill Planner.

I understand what I am thinking about your post. In the case where the summons come later than a Necro, Is there anything related to Summons at all? (Summon dmg, power, spawns, etc…)?
By the time a Druid realizes the skill to summon, a Necro might have 2-3 nodes of minion-related buffs going. But, it is my observation that most all classes that start out weak they find their strength in the final chapter of their build…which isn’t fair since our muscle memory has been jacked until those uber nodes are used.

I think this is close to what the OP is saying to some degree of interest.

However, as we know now, the skill tree is dumbed down so a five-year-old can understand it…nothing new about that (WoW).

In this day and age, some of us want a more challenging role in the characters we play. Saying DIV isn’t for me or those like myself, ‘go make your own game’, are most like lemmings who stand for nothing. Grow up?

I agree that there is an advantage for Necro vs Druid early on. There is a point in my skilling that I skipped the ‘Core’ skills completely because nothing was relevant or synergized with the build I have in my mind…a build that I like playing…a build that does not have fluff…a build that makes the most useful skill as powerful as possible, while moving down the tree to the next skill that synergizes with the build in my mind…so I can play DIV the way I want to.
I used my money to purchase this title, so I have the right to play it the way I want. I have a right to input change as I see fit. If everything was perfect, why is there a beta? Those who choose to not involve themselves in shaping a better game should not speak out on those who want change. Live and let live.

1 Like