Season 5: Something that’s missing

BL fell off because even if they did more DPS, the issue is d4 garbage game engine can’t handle all the dmg calculation.

You WILL lag out server side of you don’t hold back, it’s an extremely annoying thing to do repeatedly.

Your dps limit wasn’t the class it was Blizzard trashy code and servers.

This will never work with multipliers, and the more levels/numbers go the less the chance to make it work

At first there’s about 30% chance to make numbers work (some builds will still overkill, some will underkill, but around 30% will feel just fine and the delta % will be relatively small)

The more the levels the less the chance, at lvl100 I can safely say that only 5% chance that builds will work just right, and the rest will either overperform by a double-digit factor (at least) or will underperform by same factor amount

Then vs say lvl150 that chance is 3% maybe less… The more the levels the chance of having a balanced build gets smaller, and smaller, and smaller

It is pure math, the more the % multipliers, the less the chance the game goes into either direction

It is very bad because it embraces 2 extremes => 99% the chance that balance goes into hyper-efficiency or total stopper, i.e. the game will never feel fine (either one-shot everything or die trying)

This will be more generalized but I’ll push around to Sorc on it as well.

The issue for two (and might be again three after s5 changes if they go live) of the classes - Sorc & Druid - is that they have some major directional issues. Having played both I think Sorc is closer to some arbitrary line in the sand that I’d consider “good class” because the design is much better but the defensive design for Sorc has kept it back and has constantly been an issue. Whereas for Druid I don’t think they have a great idea of how the class is suppose to be designed in general.

My expectation isn’t for classes to be extremely “fine-tuned” balanced and this goes for any ARPG. What I do want from the class design though is for each class to be able to hit some power mark with most of their builds. Rogue and Barbarian have had this more often than not in the history of D4, Necro is there right now but s5 appears to be taking the class below that line, and Sorc and Druid are in absolute turmoil as a class.

For Sorc mains though I will say this as a positive. I think the class has some of the best designed items in the game. So once the team figures out power numbers fully for the class and defensive design can be figured out I have a feeling Sorc will go from “ugh” to “most fun class” very quickly.

1 Like

At the very least, enchantments rly need to be more attractive then casting 1 skill under some random condition, also Key Passives are huge problem we do have 6 but they are trying force us to choose between 2 based on element most of the time and some are rly tragic other bugged those also need some work

1 Like

That’s why the devs changed the design direction from more general powers and multipliers to more class and build specific powers and multipliers. That makes balancing easier.

With more power of manipulation as well (no doubt)

Well, at least while we don’t have a good multiplier on our skill, instead of finding a piece of gear that will help with our particular trouble at a time (X% more damage to Flyers for example) AND keeping all numbers reasonably comparable to one another

We’ll end up here whining again and again for each and every paragon or passive or both that it does not perform as “others” have :smiley: