Rogue - Trickery Malignant - Taunt Problem

Hello,

So after the last patch I’ve noticed that malignant heart “Trickery” works not how it should:

When a clone spawns it taunts as it should but after triggering taunt event monsters just come to attack your character instead of the clone itself.

I’m assuming the problem is :

Developers wanted to add the same taunt animation as a barb has , but adding it on a rogue leads to this issue, cos barb’s taunt works a bit different and it’s doing exact same thing that the rogues decoy doing right now , it forces monsters to attack your character.

9 Likes

Yes it is bugged and doesn’t work after 1.1.1. Sadly.

1 Like

Can confirm this as well

1 Like

Ruins the whole point of a “shadow decoy” now.

2 Likes

Yes, Heart of Trickery is completely broken with 1.1.1. and needs to be hotfixed ASAP

1 Like

Rogue poison trap decoy, is ignored by enemy, since 8 August update.

1 Like

Malignant Heart Change in Patch 1.1.1

I am a casual player who has been playing a rogue in Season 1 of Diablo IV. My entire playstyle was based around the Malignant Heart, which I used to taunt enemies to a clone that I could then evade or attack from a distance. However, in patch 1.1.1, the Malignant Heart was changed so that it no longer taunts enemies. This has made my character unplayable, as I am now forced to stand still and tank damage in order to get the full effect of the Malignant Heart.

I understand that the developers closed a bug in which the Malignant Heart would taunt players in PvP. However, I believe that the unintended consequence of this change was to make the Malignant Heart useless for PvE. I urge the developers to reconsider this change and revert the Malignant Heart to its previous functionality for PvE while leaving PvP alone if that is the intention.

In the meantime, I am considering refunding my gear, skills, and paragon points and starting over with a different build. I am disappointed that I have to do this, as I have invested a lot of time and effort into my rogue. However, I simply cannot play the game in its current state.

I hope that the developers will address this issue soon. In the meantime, I encourage other players who are affected by this change to post on the forums and let the developers know that this is a problem.

Thank you for your time.

4 Likes

Can confirm. Also being impacted by this bug.

It’s been fixed, bois! HOTFIX 6 - August 9, 2023 - 1.1.1

Thanks for the quick fix on this D4 team!!