RIP Twisting Blades

Pretty disappointing to be less than 72 hours into the game and have the one good Rogue build nerfed into dust.

RIP Twisting Blades, RIP Rogue.

What a shame. Wish they had realized how strong it was and nerfed it before the release so I didn’t waste time on a class that was going to be merc’ed. What an impressive display of bad game design.

3 Likes

At least we’re all getting nerfed. Misery loves company I guess

1 Like

They nerfed Twisting Blades?
Sorry have been in game all day.

1 Like

Lol what a cry baby can we just delete this post ?

3 Likes

Twisting Blades

• Advanced Twisting Blades Cooldown reduction per enemy hit reduced from .25 to .1 seconds.
  • Advanced Twisting Blades maximum Cooldown reduction reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.

Let’s be real here though. It’s just bursty slightly less often. It doesn’t hardly impact its sustain damage. Think less people are going to play it? I doubt it. But yes, go ahead and “RIP” and cry about how the build that is the outlier for the class gets reigned in.

5 Likes

Not really accurate at all. TB Rogue went from a CDR factor of ~160% in ST and >250% in AoE to 110% in ST and 150% in AoE. It’s a pretty dead build.

2 Likes

None of my builds did, because I was already playing the unpopular stuff.

3 Likes

Thanks.

I’ll try it out in game and see the impact.

Sure they did, glyphs got nerfed hard across the board

1 Like

A game with an established design philosophy, let’s call it Path of Exile, would make massive balance changes before releasing the content, then provide players with that information so they could choose what to play accordingly, rather than having nerfs and buffs sprung upon them after having made their choice.

Waiting until the middle of the first weekend, and nerfing players while they are in the middle of nightmare dungeons is JV ball.

4 Likes

Anyone report on how bad the nerf is im playing flurry right now but was debating switching over

We dont have a test server , yet.

As I’ve said before they don’t care about Eternal Realm at all…everything is about Seasons. In that regard PoE isn’t much different.

1 Like

lmao it’s barely even a nerf. I’m still using it, still thriving.

4 Likes

I do not get stealth nerfs no matter how small in a PvE game…

1 Like

Gotta love the proactivity thou. First off rouges and barbs need to readjusted and quickly than they can seat figuring out what the other classes need. Hopefully within 1-2 month they at least get a major mobility buff cough Druids, necros.

While it is true not every class should be the same their should be similar class power in place. Even if lvl 100 is the meta “endgame” every class should have an equal chance at reaching at similar pace and that comes down to balance as well. When the game is designed like this, the fact that a few classes would have to need the peak of the game to start pushing equal “GRs” theory is not good at all.

Yes there was always instances of bad balance in D3 as well, but the gaps were rarely this big and the gap did not begin at zero and continue for over 100+ hours of gameplay for a charter to reach its end game potential. Not cause that will be the case in D4. Everything just sucks compared to rogue and barb.

It’s dead? Because of CDR? Explain to me how my buddy is still zooming then. Because your conjecture isn’t lining up well with him putting it in practice.

Honestly, I don’t even want to play the game right now, because anything I run is subjected to being completely and totally gutted on the fly, so why bother? If the balancing philosophy was to do it in between leagues, then I’d at least know that whatever I chose to run was going to work for 1 whole league at the minimum. I got no guarantees at the moment.

5 Likes

Hopefully they also figure out that each class needs more than just one good build too.
That includes the players who are funneling into meta builds.
I’m playing Penetrating Shot and while I’m not zooming as fast as my buddy playing Twisting Blades, I’m still doing just fine.

1 Like

Simple, he’s lying. The nerf is there but it’s BARELY noticeable. I am using all 3 abilities that got nerfed, Dark Shroud, Dash and Twisting Blades and I didn’t notice a significant impact in my performance at WT3 at all. Still doing just fine.