Respeccing cost doesn't matter

Got it, so D4 isn’t really a loot hunting game, it’s a gold farming game.

Yep, it’s farming simulator.

And you are worried about respeccs, LOL.

You will have so much gold from farming gear over and over and over that you can easily afford respecs.

The real question is, can you afford your gear upgrades… Because you need gold and mats for those…

1 Like

this wouldn’t stop me from having fun though. You’re always essentially doing the same sort of thing in Diablo weather you’re alone or not. Maybe one build is better or more efficient solo, but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to have fun with another person. Personally, I don’t feel I should always have the best build for every situation or even think that is fun. I think you should have a build and it should have some strengths and weaknesses but and that is part of the “weight” in your choices. That way when you are doing something your build excels at it feels good.

I probably wouldn’t respec a lot, but if I do need to I want to know I have something real to work towards, like I said. I believe a lot of people feel this way. You’re suggesting I pretend, and then throw away an arbitrary amount of gold, which is not very reasonable or fun since I would probably be the only joker doing it. I dunno, I imagine everyday I’m handsome and rich and that everybody likes me but it doesn’t seem to make me feel any better, guess I’m not good at pretending. Have you thought about pretending you have a different build and that when your with your friends you’re the one doing most of the damage in the group? I mean, this is about using our imagination, apparently.

In the beta, I had a little over 2 million gold. That was with me just trashing stuff at the blacksmith for mats.

I’m not seeing gold being a problem.

Yep, not until you hit end game and have to reroll affixes (stats) on ancestral gear. Then you will know the true gold sink of D4.

Also salvaging aspects and imprinting from sacred and ancestral gear is probably not going to be cheap.

Even legendaries in the beta at level 25 were insanely costly to reroll affixes on (stats). The cost also increased with each attempt.

No one cares about your thread bud.

1 Like

not my thread, but ill post mine here now.

Refund cost -- too much

Ok cook, no one cares and you are just promoting mine. You are really bad at this aren’t you.

thats irrelevant to me so /shrug.

Btw you still haven’t replied to my last comment.

i’ll bump down for you. Since you avoided the facts.

People are going to reroll stats because they can. They will sink all their gold and mats into perfecting their gear.

Respecc costs are literally going to be the last thing they think about. They are insignificant.

it won’t be insignificant though :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

if they are sinking gold perfecting thier gear and they get something that completley forces them to respec. They will have to reclaim all the money they funneled onto that clean respec for the gear sink. It just adds more to the cycle. and its very unnecessary for it to be that expensive to begin with. Even having a price at all is questionable.

Yes it will. If it costs 11 million but you have 1 billion gold it’s 1% of your gold.

I guess you are bad at math.

Math has no subject here since we don’t have all the full numbers.

Only comments/statements by the devs who hae announced multiple occasions that remaking new chars would be the player’s best option rather than respecting their talents.

meaning you will not have enough money due to cost of gear, rerolls and spec reroll cost.

Ok so your claim it is significant was a lie then…

Thanks for clarifying.

The same goes to your statement stating it isnt Lmao.

Please don’t misunderstand. It’s not about being the most powerful build for each. It’s about not wanting to suddenly have less than the already low 6 active skills.

In the two Barbarians situation, going down to 3 skills would be boring, especially when I could swap to 3 other skills for the time-being just to have a bit of fun. I actually did this during the open beta weekend when I swapped out for Steel Grasp and my buddy and I simply enjoyed the amusing sight of enemies getting pulled in only to then be home run batted away. It wasn’t about power. It was about fun. Others will run into the same. I don’t think they should have to pay gold every time. Let them either have fun with skills unsupported by gear as opposed to skills made useless by the situation, or let them farm the gear to eventually support it.

Same with the two Necromancers situation, going to down 4 skills would be boring. Let them figure out some other fun ways to play instead of just dealing with having less skills.

Should people be punished in-game for wanting to maximize their fun when it is harming no one?

I have proof you can probably easily farm billions of gold though. In the beta I had millions without trying.

At world tier levels 3 and 4 you get increased gold drops and the gear is worth more at the vendor.

If it’s like D3 at all then farming billions of gold is trivial. Indications from the beta are that gold isn’t hard to get. You get gold from just playing.

Definitely if you play druid too. They very build / gear dependent if they keep their current beta state the same.

I changed my strategy to just adapt to what i get and be more flexible. So I’m more open to more frequent respecs. that way i can maximize my fun.

this system is just going to suck even more with certain classes over others.

Respeccing is never going to be an issue.