[Resolved] Save your GPU, cap your FPS even with high-end models

Many of the high end cards are going to have very intense fan noises when playing modern games. It doesn’t mean your card is dying or is at risk.

Stop trying to play your games at 4k. The cards aren’t designed for it even if they’re marketed to be.

Maybe you should actually read the OP before posting. Everything you said is irrelevant here.

2 Likes

You haven’t had an issue because you’re not one of the people trying to play at 4k.

LMAO, I didn’t know 1080p was the same as 4k. This issue has been replicated across GTX, RTX 30xx, RTX 40xx, and AMD at all resolutions.

You argued an entire thread against this information not two days ago and called people liars and everything under the sun. Hypocrite!

Don’t think the irony went unnoticed. You’re no savior. You just compiled what we already told you.

What are you talking about? How did I argue against it? This is still a game issue. I clearly state that the FPS capping is a bandaid.

No, you are too slow to actually comprehend my position it seems.

This is a great opportunity to give us a classic inventory option!

1 Like

i have a founders 3080 and im good…
just turn off nvidia reflex and texture to high…
framerate at 144 still good. gpu at 70C…

Even if you don’t hit the thermal limit, try keeping your Inventory open and watch your resource monitor. I bet your GPU utilization will rise significantly more than any other point of the game as well as temps. Make sure your game is in the Foreground when you do this.

This only happens with the inventory open. You probably wouldn’t have noticed it if you were not looking for it.

I run the game on a 3060 TI with all settings maxed out, and it consistently stays below 50 degrees Celsius. However, it seems that many people are investing in GPUs without giving due consideration to a reliable cooling system.

Have you specifically checked out when you have the inventory open? Making sure the game is in the foreground?

Also what is your current FPS capped at?

I just did that, and watched the resources in real time on my second monitor.
While my FPS drops when opening the inventory window, the CPU utilization stays the same at around 96%.

GPU power is steady at 225 Watts regardless of what I do. Like I mentioned before, I do have my card power limited to 70% of the regular power limit.

Forgot to add the GPU temperature does not go above 58 Celsius.

This probably plays a big role.

I would say so. Why having it consume 330 Watts when the frame rate is the same at 220 Watts?
Of course, the frame rate would be even higher and likely hit 220 or more at 100% power limit, but what is the point of that if your monitors refresh rate is 165 Hz?

I’ve used Riva Tuner for so long, As any gamer should.

Lowest frame delay out there with Sync off and easy to set a global frame cap.

Locked in at 165 FPS, trickles into 145 FPS when in massive battles with other players. Most optimized triple-A title that’s launched in the last few years.

Yeah, the battles and scenery are not the problem, which you would think would be the point of GPU strain. It’s only with the Main Menu and when you have your Inventory sitting open, but even then the FPS itself isn’t the problem.

For me it’s been 4 client crashes and 2 Blue Screens in 4 days. I will say it again “that is not a good look”.

In the meantime I have switched my resolution to play in 1080p. Because I suspected it was an overheating issue. And I don’t have the “faulty Gigabyte” gpu either. Will wait on them to fix, 1080p seems to have less issues.

ASUS ROG Strix LC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card
Capable of running most other games in 4K at 60fps no problems.

Also does anyone know for sure it is not an nVidia Driver issue?

I have heard from other people with AMD cards having the same issues as well.

I had this posted in another thread, but wanted to share it here as well:

In here I go over how mine is setup and my thoughts on some of the issues. Please note, I have not yet setup my normal video making tools on this newer PC so this is a bit jankier than I normally like to do.