Quitting or Staying? Why?

Are you quitting the game or staying? Why?

I was looking forward to this game. I got all 5 classes to 25 during beta. I thought I would be spending thousand of hours in this game. Then I got to a point where it is very difficult to make progress. I am stuck in T3 with 0 chance of getting high end gear for T4. The only way to get T4 gear is to have a geared player carry you. This is boring and not playing the game. Blizzard needs to allow T4 gear to drop in T3. Blizzard also needs to allow legendary items to be given to party members with the timer. This was a great feature in D3. We also need better/more checkpoints. I should not have to travel a long distance back to where I died. Finally, I find the game too complicated and too difficult. The casual gamers will not continue with this game in the current state unless the issues above are addressed. I am quitting the game and may return for the new season and/or if the issues above are solved.

Quitting. Game is boring and uninspired. Itemization = boring. Skills = boring. Gameplay = boring. Story and characters = boring for the most part. Lots of QoL issues. Lots of regression for the Diablo series. No significant positive innovation.

When Baldur’s Gate 3 drops I will do my best to forget this game ever existed.

8 Likes

Strangely enough casual players are dropping it as fast as the more extremely dedicated power gamer.

It just goes to show you. You can’t please everyone and if you try, you please nobody.

5 Likes

I will check out season 1 and then probably bounce as there are two other games releasing soon that I’ve been waiting like 20+ years for.

Jagged Alliance 3 (hopeful it is good)
Baldur’s Gate 3 (200+ hours already spent in early access)

I may come back at some point in the future, but my free time is going to be mostly spent playing BG3 come August 3rd.

1 Like

I’m not the biggest fan of the death/checkpoint thing. The other day I got ganked by butcher near the end of the dungeon and because I didn’t kill every single thing on the way there I was spawned at the entrance. Decided to take a break for the rest of the day immediately after.

1 Like

Wait what? Jagged Alliance 3? Still turn based?

Might check that out!

1 Like

Short term? Staying. Haven’t yet stopped having fun with it. Simple as that. lol

Getting to T4 really isn’t difficult. Grind T3 until you get some good aspects and good rolls on affixes. You can find plenty of viable gear in T3 that will get you to T4.

Then what’s the point of even having T4? Should they just make monster’s HP, damage, and experience scale indefinitely in T3?

Yep, releasing on July 14, I believe. It looks like a true successor to JA2.

2 Likes

when u reach lv100 there is no "end game " content , so why would i start over again

I take a breake till season 1 because I can’t be arsed to play a game where is nothing exciting to do or better loot to get. If S1 is equaly bad I’ll move on after I’ve done the battlepass.

Jagged Alliance was fun. That is saying a lot coming from me. I loathe single player games as I flourish in the competitive environment. The last decent single player game I played was Half life 2.

Before that Jagged Alliance was one of them.

I am right on the fence after the last couple of days. Hours upon hours upon hours since Thursday) and absolutely nothing to show for it. Killed my motivation to continue on I think.

Quitting or Staying? Why?

I have no intention of quitting just to complain on the forum, S1 will start soon, bring it on. :fireworks: :sparkler: :firecracker:

I’m staying…just got to WT4 as level 67 in my WT3 gear and don’t find this to be the case at all.

When I say I’m staying though, I mean, I paid for the game. I can always check back. I have a free battle pass for the preorder, I’ll play. But I just spent a week or two playing other games. It’s no big deal to me to switch on and off games. I played FF 16, all I have left is Ultima, a single S hunt, and some side quests. I have Xenoblade 3 almost untouched, a bunch of games from my PS+ pass lined up…I don’t need to be consumed by a game. I’m good playing one game a few days, then another game the rest of the week. D4 will always be there, and I’ve already sunk 90+ hours into it, which is more than twice what I put into GoW: Ragnarok or Hogwart’s Legacy.

Staying because im having fun.

1 Like

and what exactly is wrong with liking the game and them making it difficult like it used to be again, instead of having it like the joke D3 turned into with the 1 shotting of GR 150 rift guardians

I’ll check out season 1 for a bit… and then quickly leave if I see Blizzard sitting on their hands with the changes this game desperately needs.

Then I’ll check out season 12, and see if it’s actually a game by then.

3 Likes

I honestly see no point in continuing.

Sorc balance aside, the only end game is grinding dungeons and helltides for gold and mats to re roll the same item endlessly until you min max the most. For some i can see this as fun, but once you beat all the dungeons and campaign theres really no point.

Every aspect of endgame, be it theorycrafting bulds, trying the other classes, etc… recolve around doing the same dungeons repeatedly with zero “goalposts”. Farm for what? Uber kill? Uber rare unique?

The problem is simple. Content. This game lacks content. Its tiny. Miniscule. Blew thru the campaign in 2 days. Reknown etc…

This game has zero endgame content outside of pvp and the balance of classes makes that a joke.

Theres just nothing to do.

3 Likes

Unlike most people… I’m still posting here so I’m not going to lie and say “I’m quitting”. The day I quit I will be on some other game’s forums instead.

1 Like