Really curious, If new/future uniques, should be able to change elements of skills!

Would’nt that open up so much more variety?

I guess, I had this feeling, cause i just replayed a bit of D3 lol

But I feel it could be interesting!

Turning Ball Lightning into Flaming Balls!

Turning CL into Frozen Lightning!

Well, who knows, just thinking out loud!

2 Likes

sure, im all up for uniques/aspects altering skill behaviors.

I wish druid in d4 still had access to cold and fire elements like in d2. Fireclaws werewolf in d4 would make me so happy.

i think a better way that has been suggested on the forums is like gems/runes that are socketed in to the skills themselves directly on the skill tree. as opposed to having to give up an aspect slot just to modify the element of a skill.

2 Likes

Elemental debuffs / enchantments exist in S3 as some of the governing stones (convert 50% damage to elemental and applies said debuff) on the construct. So totally can see them adding this back in S4 mid season maybe as a tempering recipe.

I guess the cooler QoL aspect (maybe more what you want to see) is if they also update the visuals so it’s clear what elemental type it’s changed to? That will probably take longer dev time with sfx and adding new graphics, so I don’t know when they’ll commit to it

The one caveat is if they add elemental conversion, then we might also have to update the paragon or maybe tempering system so each class can scale those elemental/non-physical damage too to keep the build balance.

Same I would love a 2 handed staff that turned Blizzard into a Firestorm for example. Plenty of scope for this to happen.

This would be a cool addition for an expansion.

Not to rule out Uniques of course, but along the same lines they had this to say in the Q&A when it came to Tempering Affixes.

I know not exactly what you’re looking for, but you never know what could happen. Colin actually said it was a cool idea in regards to the hellfire blizzard.

I think the idea of turning skills into other damage types is a great idea to give us interesting options for builds!

Barbarian already have this. Gohr’s Devastating Grip, Hell Hammer. Worse thing blizzard has done since barbarian can only increase physical damage, not elemental damage. I hope sorcerer enjoy dealing Nature damage even though there’s no sorcerer paragon node or passive for Nature tag.