Ray Tracing is very poorly implemented

I haven’t tried it on PC yet but it was unplayable on my Xbox series x.

FHD is 1080p right?
Have you seen your task manager while you run the game?
Do you have more screens connected to your PC at the same time?
Are the components new or have you used them for years?
When was the last time you cleaned your PC and changed the thermal paste?

I have no problems with other games that use Ray Tracing. Diablo 4 really needs optimization. And yes, I always monitor the temperature and use of each component on my PC. I always update all software, drivers and clean both the software and hardware. It’s not a problem with my PC. FullHD = 1080p. I use the FPS Monitor that is sold on Steam to monitor all the games I play.

:thinking:
weird…
Your graph is the one that is 100% I guess.
SSD?

(Maybe it works better on consoles because of the special connection with the SSD. That was exclusive to AMD, right?)

Yes! Diablo 4 is installed on an SSD.
Yes, the resizing is at 100%.

Was unplayable on my Xbox. Don’t know how it’s working on ps5

1 Like

You gotta wash the viruses out with soap and water

2 Likes

I mean, your GPU in your task manager

(Sorry, I’m not a very good English speaker)
(graph → graphic card)

I can get decent FPS on a 7900XT, FSR2.2, RT Ultra but I can barely tell the difference in quality.

I’m getting 20 fps on my ps5

1 Like

I bet me rtx 3060 , i5 isnt going to get 60fps

1 Like

The publication has been updated.
Here’s a video I just made. V-Sync is disabled so you can see the performance loss.

I mean cmon, raytracing on max and no DLSS on?
That doesn’t work well in any game with a 3080, hell, most of the time not even on a 4090 if you want high FPS (tripple digits) :smiley:

You are wrong. The 3080 can run practically all games at 1080p with Ray Tracing Enabled and without DLSS. Doom Eternal runs in 4k without DLSS.

You are right, Ray Tracing is very poorly implemented in D4 now! I’ve got 50-60% load and only 60-70fps in Kyovashad on my 4070ti with Ray Tracing enabled.

1 Like

I turned it on yesterday after seeing this thread.
I am running in 4K on a 3090Ti 24GB card.
Two things I would say Turn RayTracing Shadows to medium instead of high.
(That setting at high cuts my frames to about 37 in town)
Ambient Occlusion you can turn down to low also, if you need more frames.

If you are still not getting the framerate you need (at least 60 imo) then turn on DLSS or FSR.

I can only compare to CP2077 which runs better with RT and everything max.

The name is Tracing. Ray Tracing.

Sounds like a 1950’s private eye.

1 Like

Sure if you want to make the game as ugly as possible :smiley:
Only the ultra AO setting is new, below that is the old max.

Well yes but for CP with Pathtracing you need FrameGen.

I have mine on ultra, but that setting hits the fps. And honestly not sure I notice the difference between medium and ultra when running around in the open world or dungeons. Probably only notice the diff indoors.

Tried RT with max settings last night for a little bit, but ended up turning it off. Not seeing the benefit of it in a game like this, where you’re constantly moving, fighting mobs, or traveling from one place to another. It’s about the action, not about admiring the “accuracy” of shadows and reflections in water.

Now, if D4 was a single-player, story-driven RPG with photo mode, I can definitely see the benefit of RT where you can pause the game and take some great screenshots like a lot of virtual photographers do in popular games like CP2077 Metro Exodus and Control, myself included.

Btw, I’m running Diablo 4 in 4K with a 7950X3D and 4090, so achieving adequate fps isn’t really a big deal with or without RT.

2 Likes