Ralph Ineson and other favorite Voice Actors

Does anyone have a favorite voice actor? Who and from where? Would love to hear!

Just wanted to express how delightfully smooth and deep Ralph Ireson’s voice is. Its such a great choice for narration and such for D4 dont you think? Its almost a purr, so good!

Makes me miss Michaels Gough’s Deckard but Lorath is a wonderful choice to carry on the torch.
I appreciate quite a few voice actors thinking on the topic like Wayne Junes measured intensity from Darkest Dungeon.
But my absolute favorite of all time has to be Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Some would know her as the female crusader in D3. Most from dubbed anime, such as Major Mokoto Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell. She has almost a nobility to her sultry tones and has done a lot for dubbed animes beside lending her voice.

OMG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I wholeheartedly agree!

I love Ralph Ineson’s voice! He played the father in ‘The VVitch’ and was amazing!

As for my favorite voice actors of all time:

Crispin Freeman

• Togusa in Ghost in the Shell series
  • Speedy clone/Red Arrow in Young Justice

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn

• “The Major” Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell series
  • Zahra in The Legend of Vox Machina

Richard Epcar

• Batou in Ghost in the Shell series
  • Lunk in Robotech: The New Generation
  • Genma Himuro (leader of the Devils of Timone) in Ninja Scroll
1 Like

I have not seen it, but since I am trying to burn as much time until D4 I am going to watch that some time today, nice!

John DiMaggio hands down.

Primarilly because of Smiling Jack in Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, but also Bender from Futurama, or Marcus from Gears of War.

1 Like

Easy answers here

Jonathan Adams - Tyrael- D3
Kate Beckinsale - Queen Ayrenn- ESO

One of the greats for sure. Looking at his IMDb its pretty crazy how many things he has been in

oh heck yes! Such a powerful and booming voice, in HoTs I have his announcer voice pack and he drives the battle really well :slightly_smiling_face:

Kelsey Grammer - Bartok - Sideshow Bob, Blinky from Trollhunters (My dad watches this series almost annually for some reason)

Christopher Judge - Kratos

and many more, but these are just the ones off the top of my head.

Shout out to Dominic Keating (D3’s Templar and yet another Star Treker) for that terrific Northerner accent that’s been a thing since Sean Bean’s Yorkshire accent set a standard on Game of Thrones.

Similar shouts out to Athena Karkanis (one of D3’s Barbarians and a Star Helix alumna - which is one hell of a gallop from Lethbridge, AB) and Robin Atkins Downes (the other Demon Hunter) who will forever define “Ranger!” and friend. Once Anla’Shok always Anla’shok.

And a big shout out to Debra Wilson (D4’s Prava) for her extraordinary body of work. For such a tiny package, she’s a giant in terms of talent.

1 Like

oOoo good one yes!

I couldnt have said it better Dreamwalker. She voices the possessed version of Harper in Love, Death, and Robots. It had me look her up from that to see (hear) more, and was super impressed at her career.

I knew there was a reason why you’re the tops, teafan - you’ve great taste in everything!

(please, just don’t tell me you’ve an electric trainset in the basement - let me live with all my illusions just a bit longer :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

As someone who is absolutely enamored by the Ghost in the Shell series I feel bad for not mentioning Richard. So recognizable and for me, Batou and the Major are so deeply loved as a duo and team. Great picks Thorn, and super happy to see all the G.I.T.S. mentions :slightly_smiling_face:

haha … Choo Choo! :train2: :+1: (i dont sorry, but i love taking the train into the city… so much better than the bus)

(additional disclaimer: nothing against any of the folks who are into electric train sets: in these splendid days of heady wonders, unlimited spectacle and phenomenal headlines, there’s plenty of room for the construction of elaborate electric train layouts in basements everywhere and anywhere including, so it is rumored, in a certain president’s Sochi palace. Additional additional disclaimer: not everyone who has a palace in Sochi and who has an electric trainset in the basement is a president (or perhaps even a supporter of a certain president) but, hey, commonsense suggests they ought to be treated with a great deal of circumspection otherwise a totally random defenestration may result. Additional additional additional disclaimer: the usual terms and conditions apply, particularly to completely random incidents of defenestration)

I dunno her name but I loved the femwizard voice in D3. I remember she was also in much older games.

That would be Ms. Grey DeLisle, I believe, and yes, she’s definitely racked up the credits over the years too.

Ms? She aint married? I am available Ms. Grey.

I’m unsure of what her relationship status is, Kirin, but here’s how Wikipedia frames it:

Personal life

Her first marriage was to Christopher DeLisle in 1992. The two later divorced in 1993. In 2002, she married Murry Hammond of the country band; their courtship and wedding were featured in an episode of A Wedding Story. She gave birth to their son Jefferson Texas “Tex” Hammond in 2007. They divorced in 2010. She later met Jared Griffin through Twitter, and the two married on June 27, 2012. The couple’s son Harlan was born in 2014, and a daughter named Mariposa followed in 2016. Their marriage ended the following year.

So, hope springs eternal, right? :wink:

(shine on, you crazy diamonds)

She’s sounds like Elizabeth Taylor

Another 10/10 voice actor from Vampire: TM -B. And one of my faves.

1 Like