Quick Summary for us who been distant

So season three I had some fun, been so long I forget what build I even did. I got her to 100, then hung her up after a few Duriel Runs. Was excited to see what they had in store for Season 4 on 4-16. I have no watched one video, really seen much outside of a few complaints here and there… not even been active in here. MLB the Show has occupied the time.

So can you folks give us who been distant a run down of what is going on, big things wise for D4. When is Season 4 now coming…

I am like Stevie Wonder to this game, been blind to it over a month.

3 Likes

Changes to itemization… 2 new systems, Tempering and Masterworking

Tempering used to temper legedary items with 2 additional affixes used from manuals. Tempering can only be done on legendary items not uniques

Masterworking used to upgrade the item to up to 12 times and at 4 8 and 12 they get major stat boost to random affixes.

Items can now have Great Affixes meaning their range is higher than normal which can be found only by killing mobs.

Pit - this is where you’ll farm masterwork materials the pit has tiers up to monster level 200.

Character balance changes

Lastly - All subject to change since we still don’t have the official patch notes for Season 4 which the Start date for Season 4 is May 14th.

Wait so you played S3, didn’t watch the most recent campfire, didn’t participate in the PTR either? Well follow Avalon’s links, when you’re done you can read through this for extra stuff not noted in the PTR patch notes or fully explained.

Lot of reading to catch up on, enjoy.

5 Likes

S4 is just a massive patch. 10k words. Its basically a new game. I am worried about the chance to fail in new system when masterworking or something. I dont like that one bit. Feel goods beat out feel bads.

1 Like

I say wait until the next campfire chat. All the information will be dump on that pre recorded stream.

2 Likes

Correct. I started Season three, I think I was a Sorc… Firewall/Meteor. It was fun, maxed her out, went on a handful of Duriel runs and then walked her out to the pasture, that is Diablo 4.

I would guess that was around Mid Feb. I knew the date 4-16. But then my buddy told me on the phone it was moved. I have not watched one thing about Diablo 4 and the changes they are making.

If it truly as some said above a new game, gaming may be dying with me…Games are becoming a chore. Grind for this gun, Grind for this skin, Grind for this. Or come over to our fancy store and pay and get this nice shiny thing instantly.

This is how far gaming has fallen. The fact this game company is essentially rolling out a new game, we been beta tested… i wish I could write in a NON PG Setting on this site, but i get banned faster than a fat kid going for seconds on his birthday cake.

B

I’d actually say the changes coming will cut down a bit on the initial grind, but prolong the BiS grind. It’ll definitely be easier to gear out and be viable for late-game content, but you just won’t get as far into the Pits with less optimized gear. You’ll be able to complete everything, including T100 NMD’s with probably little to no issues though. The game is becoming more streamlined in the itemization sense.

Now if that’s not for you, perfectly fine, but Diablo games at their core are grinds, always have been. MTX hasn’t changed this over the years, it’s just added more incentives to grind assuming you can actually get the items through in-game systems and through MTX. Where as with D4 it’s cosmetics only that you’re paying for, you can never get the cosmetics you find in the shop to drop in game, you can’t even farm the currency for them. D:Immortal offers this, but D4 definitely does not.

I get what you’re saying though, most Shareholder Gaming Studios are all about keeping the player grinding in the game with the hope they will pay for the convenience option in their stores. Their goal is to make money, and anything that pushes the player to the store is what they’re after.

Also don’t get it twisted, we’re still beta testing. This itemization patch won’t fix everything in the game, and the fundamentals that people still had problems with minus the itemization problems will still be present. The game still needs work, but I believe this patch will be a good starting point.

Game will be MUCH better in S4, but maybe a bit too much skewed towards MMO

That’s my concern with it (and probably going forward) but regardless, a big win overall

How? Nothing in the game forces you to party to complete any content.

There are no healer classes.
There are tabking/taunt classes.
There are no support classes.

Your comparison to an MMO is quite far off the mark. The only thing close to MMO are the world bosses… but they can 100% be soloed and still die in less than 10s.

Add to that Legion events and Helltides

Then add the fact that Hellbournes are a “multiplayer fight” material (or at least the Barbarian of them)

Then add the other fact that Helltides are by far the most “fertile” content to play

Yep, perhaps the very very end isn’t MMO (Pit and Tormented boss runs), but the most efficient and most important activity in game is practically an MMO

I’ve done Legions 100% solo. So no, players aren’t required.

Helltides definitely don’t require other players, rofl

If you mean any of the Echo bosses; again, you can solo each and every one. I can link a video of The Seneschal solo’ing Duriel if you’d like.

You’re conflating efficiency and mandatory. In an MMO like WoW, you aren’t clearing the latest raids or even dungeons solo. You must group.

2 Likes