Question about external scripts running while playing

Good afternoon everyone, I developed a script in Python that when hovering the mouse over the item, it ‘scans’ the item, taking all the item’s information and saving it in a csv file. The script has no interaction with the game, only with the screen, it does not automate any function within the game, it only takes information from the screen and places it in a csv. Could this result in a ban? I would like to know because it is a project that I am dedicating myself a lot to and I would like to release it to anyone who wants to use it. Thanks to everyone who helps me.

good afternoon

would it be posible to create a script that showing you item upgrade percent rate,
based on wanted stats you type in it ?

1 Like

Hi friend, could you be more specific and give more details?

based on csv file after scanning
the infor you collect to be turned into a program that shows you how much of an upgrade the item is for you

in terms of dps and stats

/e something like an addon “Pawn” from WoW

1 Like

Really depends on how you are scanning the items to put the information into a csv file. For example if you are obtaining the items information through the memory of the game it will get you banned.

Most of the overlays also dont interact with the game but got people banned.

I refer you to this post from blizzard as your script may not modify the game per say but it does present an unfair advantage in terms of using a 3rd party software to assist in the gameplay.

Also, I imagine you are doing this for some kind of loot filter to make it easier for you to go through the loot. I think its a great idea but you will most likely get banned.

1 Like

Zebedin, my idea is precisely this, to take all these scanned items and, based on the desired attributes, say which ones fit the provided parameters. For example, passing 800% vulnerable damage as a parameter, the program will tell me which items I should equip to reach this percentage. Currently this part of the program is under development, but until I get an answer as to whether this could result in a ban or not, development is paused.

UberCain, the information is not obtained from memory, in short, the program monitors my screen, focusing on the game’s chest window, the algorithm was trained to recognize what the chest window is, when it detects that it has been opened By analyzing the screen image, each time it detects the pop up when you place the mouse over an item, it takes a print and through this print it gets the item’s information.
Hello UberCain, the information is not obtained from memory, in short, the program monitors my screen, focusing on the game’s chest window, the algorithm was trained to recognize what the chest window is, when it detects that it has been opened By analyzing the screen image, each time it detects the pop up when you place the mouse over an item, it takes a print and through this print it gets the item’s information.

1 Like

I dont see any issues with it if it is in fact taking a picture of the screen and determining the stats off the picture. Problem is it would still be a 3rd party application assisting your play so I still see them finding it against ToS/Eula and banning for it.