PTR Patch Notes might come Thursday - S4 Notes to Come Later

What I don’t understand is I’m pretty sure discourse, which I believe is what powers these forums, has social media integration. So they could create a post and automatically have it also post to various social platforms.

1 Like

Patch notes on April 1st please

2 Likes

Oh you’ll get them on April 1st too, but probably from Urza and not from Blizzard.

It seems more reasonable that they could do both tho. If they posted officially here on the forums then recopied it over to other formats. Guess that is just too much work for them to do.

Probably for a similar reason that Kotaku killed its comment section. Too much effort for very little gain, as its just a platform to :poop: on the host.

Cool, thanks for spreading the news.

The forums are important to us, and we’re not leaving them :slight_smile:

15 Likes

If you share tidbits on other platforms why not on the forum at the same time? How many people on the forum knew that the PTR Patch Notes might be coming on Thursday? I had to read about it on another site and post it on the forum so others would know. Remember everyone on the forum has already paid for the game.

Thank you for posting many of us really appreciate it.

4 Likes

THX!

I hope they add that in big letters, with special effects, color blind proof and that it follows you throughout the reading in the middle of the screen.

I’m sure someone still wouldn’t see it, XD

I appreciate the confirmation, but reddit is a forum too.

y-you too <3 𝅶𝅶𝅶 𝅶𝅶𝅶𝅶 𝅶𝅶 𝅶𝅶𝅶𝅶𝅶 𝅶𝅶𝅶 𝅶𝅶

Thats sweet. But it raises the question: Why couldn’t you guys make a post about it here also?

5 Likes

Our business cross-posts on multiple platforms.

• Direct Communication
  • Blog
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • LinkedIn

While certainly the goal of any business is attracting new customers and gaining marketshare, it takes way less effort to keep your current clients informed and happy. We prioritize our clients instead of the “Cable/ISP” model which prioritizes new clients over existing. When new clients get a better deal than you, what is the point of customer loyalty?

can’t wait, pre release hyped!

Reddit is public cancer, well said

1 Like

When is the time necroing threads is ok? 1week? 3weeks? 6months? Really curious why some threads are closed quickly and others are not. Is it the post count or date that keeps them up longer? Really curious.

Most likely because the younger generations do not use forums. If you look around, everyone that posts here is on the older side, myself included (GenX).

The forums have only a small amount of players posting and reading stuff, other social media platforms have million upon millions of users.

The reason is that more people see the info if it’s posted on other platforms, I don’t think they are fishing for new players with patch notes. :rofl:

You gotta be following them anyway or no?

Also worthy of note is that the forum users would jump on any Blue that dared post anything and rip them to shreds, to the point they just didn’t post anymore.

That is what happened on the D3 forum with our former CM Brandy, dimwits flooded the forum and attacked her personally for the Immortal announcement in 2018. I don’t care what others think I like our CMs.

2 Likes

It’s almost tomorrow :beers:

And that is fine…but what is so hard about hitting ctrl+c, ctrl+v and making the post here as well?

2 Likes