PTR Needs to be Extended for 1 more week for testing!

Another week or 2 is very necessary. How many people could’ve tested the new bosses or uniques or even gems for that matter because of prism drought.

Should introduce the ptr next week with prisms, and either boss Matt or uniques tab so it’s about testing mechanics and not testing your ability to farm. A lot of builds will have bugs overlooked with things as they are now.

1 Like

It’s true. They can solidify feedback for certain systems and work on those fixes alongside the PTR running and getting more feedback.

at the least…imo 2 more weeks

No. I do not agree. I believe they should provide more gear, though. Like build-enabling stuff and ubers.

1 Like

Honestly, this PTR is more fun than all of the previous D4 Seasons combined. I think 1 - 2 more weeks are fine for some more testings

3 Likes

When we do two week PTRs it is so we can have a patch after one week in which we can then test the second week.

That won’t be done on a project of this scale.

One week, at this high volume, is enough to recognize the majority of issues.

1 Like

Prefer blizzard let this PTR die in a week. That way the dev can finally analyze the data to make changes as soon as possible. If a second PTR is needed, there’s enough time to put one more up.

2 Likes

They can obviously do both at the same time though.

Yea, they don’t need to take down the PTR in order to start analyzing data and change stuff. Taking down PTR has nothing to do with when they will start analyzing / change stuff.

In fact, the PTR can be up all the way until S4 starts, and they can start analyzing data next week or whenever they want.

1 Like

im already trying to test the leveling experience from 1 to 100. I only lvl 28 of right now on HC druid, but idk if increasing the PTR would be a likable discussion .

1 Like

i suppose I am coming from a selfish place…Actually having fun in Helltides and don’t want to stop playing or have to return to playing Season 3. Wish it were season 4 already if this is just a taste then I am hyped.

Think of it this way. The soon blizzard go through the data, the soon they can release Season 4. They did push Season 4 a few weeks.

It’s incredibly easy for them to solidify feedback for a certain feature or set of features and start to work on the S4 updates for those features while still collecting more feedback from the ongoing PTR.

Why would they want more feedback?

Well, it would give them more insight into how players will feel about the new gameplay loop over time. It’s cool getting feedback from the blasters who can flesh all these systems out in a week, but they should also want feedback from the much larger percentage of the player base that can’t blast nonstop all week.

I think there needs to be a couple of weeks. There are clearly a lot of issues that need to be worked on.

If anything its needed to adjust the balance of power and scaling - its a bit of a mess. The changes are great but the balance is all over the place.

5555 posts Irres! (At this time lol)

Totally off topic haha… um I guess to add my two cents, I think we all want them to extend it simply bc PTR is way better, so that in and of itself is a good thing. Ultimately if they have the data they need then theyre good, but I do feel like a week is less than I’d personally like bc I have limited time to test things in a single day and I wanna be able to give feedback on everything. But if they don’t need more opinions that’s fine. A lot of people have been coming to fairly similar conclusions already, but some of those may take more time to implement. Would prob be better to cut off the PTR as scheduled then do another after they make additional changes, rather than just extending it now.

1 Like

It’s too much testing and not enough time. Waste of time even having the PTR if we can’t experience at least one build in it’s entirety, let alone the rest of the classes.

2 Likes

I’d like to see it extended. There is a lot of stuff to try, I’ve found some bugs and reported, but there is tons more stuff to try. I’m leveling not boosting. As far as pulling people from S3, I think most doing the PTR would be pretty much done with S3 as is, I know I am. Even if they can’t fix everything that would/will be found testing longer it’s gives them a headstart.

1 Like

Extend until the end of April. PTR is season 3.5!

3 Likes

I have to be honest I am the last person to look at those, or profiles. :hamster:
Been here from the first open beta, so yeah it adds up when you are in front of a pc so much.

1 Like