Pretty sad at frozen orb. Looks like it’s blizzard again

So Many Cry Baby’s on this Forum

1 Like

Tried really hard with FO but unfortunately it’s butt cheeks at higher tier pits. Sad. Blizzard is lame.

1 Like

Minion necro is pretty versatile right now, just about everything works. Be prepared for a bit of a snorefest though, you’ll be adding skills to your bar just for something to do lol.

1 Like

It’s a live service game, they will drip feed you content. Not to take away from the dev who actually deliver, it’s the corporation. I suggest you check some leaks.

I have jumped a bit around myself on specs, I did 2 variations of the 3 split fire. 1-100+ is fine, then the lack of damage around 40is pit and 80-90 keys is alarming. I had a lot of fun with it, switching to the 6-7 parragon bars. I believe it has potential; but, it’s missing something. I swapped to the frozen orb which is a blast, more movement, less damage output and horrible boss damage. I recently saw the blizzard spec today; but, it looks less mobile and fun factor looks crummy.

All of this wouldn’t be “bad” if it weren’t for the cost of gold to constantly respec’ing back and forth depending on what you’re doing. Every time I hit 10mill I’m trying to work in a new item. Somehow they still don’t have a way to store your paragon boards.

Look, I’m actually having fun, could be the class, it’s just weird I can do a 45 and if I jump down to get the different currency ( >.> ), like a 37, the boss’s life doesn’t move and 12 minutes of getting 1 shot from off screen. Balance problems? Working as intended? Overtuned? I don’t know, I will try the blizzard build most likely . All else fails, jump on the necro bandwagon. GL

I knew they had no clue what they were doing pre-season and s1/s2. skipped 3, gave it a real solid effort for season 4 but this “the pit” content is trash and way too overtuned, at least for barbarian.

Like, I’m so sick of blizz making only certain builds viable for gated content. Crap game design.

Love my FO Sorc, just a shame it gets weak at the endgame bossing. Felt great all the way until then.

1 Like

Started playing Sorc for 1st time, sad to see 7+stacks of Firewalls doing lukewarm damage, even sadder to see the best damage comes from a side-show granted by the glacial aspect, not from the skill-tree (just leave blizzard as a Level 1 skill…).

1 Like

Seeing all the gripes about sorc almost makes me forget the high pit clears Im seeing on youtube by people who know how to play their class.

there is no reason why each class should not have 1 s+ build for each part of the game - leveling, helltide/sigil/pit and uber bosses.

I remember back in beta i played the lighting whip sorc, i could never die but i couldnt really kill anything. i was the group rezzer since i could take a pounding but couldnt kill a fly.

2 Likes

Season 4 and skills like Flurry that are fun to play are still rubbish for damage. It’s not some secret build Blizz….

1 Like

We need more people speaking up on Sorc. This class has needed help since launch and they just ignore it. Please let’s all speak out.

4 Likes

Those clears are by people who don’t leave their house. Firebolt you need GA on very specific stats that most will never find. Not to mention you have to time everything perfectly or you are dead. Blizzard is boring. Or sure why you’re on this forum as you clearly don’t play sorc if you think this class is ok.

2 Likes

yeah, and those builds are also useless for Helltides and game modes outside the Pit. And we STILL don’t have an armory, so respec’ing your character for different purposes is a half-day endeavor.

I watched the guy who clears 100s with Frozen Orb and he looks like he hasn’t slept in a week, and he’s optimized the build for Pit way beyond the level of the standard necro builds that take zero effort and are a walk in the park.

2 Likes

Exactly! No average gamer will be able to optimize their sorc to even get close to 100 pit level. It’s sad that Blizzard just ignores it

2 Likes

I feel the same, four seasons in and every time i quickly get disheartened with the class.

1 Like

Sorc is pretty awesome until you want to start killing endgame bosses, and this season, dive deeper into the pit.

Last season I thought I was kicking butt until I got to Lilith. No, I wasn’t playing the “optimal” build for bosses, but I was playing a chain lit build I was having a lot of fun with and was fantastic at quickly clearing all the content up to that point.

For me, if I’m playing a viable and fun build at a decent skill level and then hit a wall in the content because I’m not playing the “right build”, AND there’s no armory to quickly and cheaply respec, I’m quitting the season. Certainly not switching specs to something boring and min-maxing until there’s bags under my eyes.

2 Likes

Pretty much just heartseeker now that rapid fire got bricked.

Hopefully it gets hotfixed soon.

1 Like

I know the feeling. I remember back in the betas I had a ton of fun with chain lightning sorc and minion necro. Content creators made sure these got nerfed based on lvl 25 in top end gear feedback.

I had fun playing other builds/classes but it wasnt until now that minions felt good again. They still havent touched chain lightning sorc since they made it garbage before launch. For what? There are always busted builds. Just make them all busted or at least equal.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This post is nothing but one lame excuse after another. Apparently you think everyone should just be able to throw anything on their character and clear pit 100 without any skill. Sorry kid, but that isn’t how ARPGs are suppose to work. The further you push at endgame, gear, stats and skill starts mattering more. Learn how to play the game. There are plenty of guides out there to help you. Stop making excuses and stop asking for the game to be dumbed down even more than it already is.