Please don't turn d4 into d3

I find the dark atmosphere with few effects and slower gameplay much better and more harmonious than this D3 effect storm and rushing through.
please don’t make a d3 clone, you have a solid base.

38 Likes

Agreed.

While I find a lot of the new temper affixes interesting I think their maximum roll ranges need to be seriously tuned down. The number of effects on the screen not only ruin the atmosphere but also make it much harder to recognize and avoid enemy mechanics.

Personally I am hoping they intentionally put in absurd values just to see what people thought knowing full well that they would need to be nerfed prior to going live.

11 Likes

I agree… You don’t need more xp in S4. Put a cap on attack speed.

2 Likes

Agrees… . Diablo 2 better than Diablo 3. Diablo 3 was trash

11 Likes

I hope so . I have the feeling that the game is drifting in the wrong direction.
I think the new itemization is good so far, except that from WS3 onwards only the mats of yellow and blue items should actually drop. But when I see in videos that the floor is full of Legys and Uniqes during pit runs, then it’s the same crap as in D3 SRY

4 Likes

D3 is superior to D4 in everything except graphics and maybe classes? lol

6 Likes

True that. Hope it gets more from D2 item system, e.g. Bring Back The Ethereal Mechanic! or Shields AND Dual Wielding For All Classes?

3 Likes

The creator of d3 himself came out the other day talking about how when he tried the game 1 year before it came out, when he got to the end he didn’t know what to do because he didn’t have end game, he still launched the game and it was a failure, because he They set d3 instead of d2, which is their best game in history. people ask for pets like in d3 I ask for mercenaries like in d2 you ask for rifts I ask for runes it will always be better to look at d2 or d3 and anyone who doesn’t want to see it is because they are a devil’s casual

2 Likes

I agree, though it seems like that is what the community is pushing for. Lots of D3ers that cant handle a actual arpg, Hence the complaints. Money will speak more than what makes the better game sadly. Hope i am wrong though. But i don’t enjoy Ms, nmd nerfs, 2 affix rares, it all feels wrong to me. the rest is great though, just dont see why it has to be taken too far. Considering it was meant to be a return to darkness, it seems we are heading the other way. Shame. but hopefully they find a balance. Idk what to think anymore.

2 Likes

I liked Diablo 3. I had a lot of fun from ssn 16-22

3 Likes

Disagree… i want damage! damage! damage! Classes must be feal powerfull. Otherwise i go play souls game.

4 Likes

I played both D2 and D3 and now D4 season 0,1,3 (skipped 2, exactly the one that people call best till now). I personally wish to see originality, new stuff, I don’t want to feel like I play D2 or D3, even if we are talking about some good stuff from those games. I know, it’s a challenge, but that’s what makes a game great in the end.

1 Like

The ship has sailed on this one. On launch the game was D4, now with endless loot explosions, legendary items drop like white items, trillions of damage, rifts I mean pits etc.

The game is already D3.5 and the reasoning was that that’s what the players want. Maybe, maybe a lot of the players wanted this, but I think it’s just an easy cope out. The reality is they didn’t know what to do after a series of bad decisions and the enormous negative feedback they got because of the lack of end game content.

So instead of working on adding end game they gave us insane player power and loot explosions aka D3. It is what it is, there was a brief moment when they could’ve made good decisions but that moment is gone. Now, the only sliver of hope is the expansion but usually expansions ADD player power not diminish it, and people are always negative when they take away power.

3 Likes

Yes. We don’t need another D3. I hate the current S4.

3 Likes

Doesn’t have to be a souls game, t can be a power fantasy, its a arpg, that is fine, we need that, we don’t need D3 style buildcrafting though. MS/Crit,life, caps, done forever. The game can do what it did on launch but still be less vanilla when it comes to skills and affix modifiers. that is the best part about the rework, radius on UH for example feels like arpg loot, it modified my skill, be cooler if we could have some other ones though, like dmg type etc, but i still want my niche affix’s my attributes and boards to work and be creative with.

It’s amazing how much praise d3 seems to get since d4 came out despite that the “new” seasons are just recycled content. I won’t deny it was fun but vanilla d3 sucked butt and everyone knows it- people only enjoyed it for RMAH.

I agree with this. I always play the weakest build on my Barbarian (Rend/Rapture/Gushing Wounds) because it does allow for a bit slower gameplay while still not feeling like watching paint dry. It’s a nice balance for my style of gaming anyway.

3 Likes

I’ve already mentioned this and I’ll repeat it. Many just want to start a character up to 100 without rushing, without exploring, without an xp buff from the potion. They will compete for the pass and get out. Having to forge an item at level 40 is not fun at all for casuals. Leave the yellow items with 4 affixes and no forging and let them fall with the recipe’s powers. Casuals want to test the powers. The current system makes it Have to use tempering on various items just to see their powers. In 3 months the casual will not make well 150. Leave that to the pro. People who play for the 1st in the 4th season will give up such complexity. I have observed new gamepass players asking questions about elements that should be obvious, but they are not.

1 Like

I think Diablo 2 is boring, very slow

1 Like

I play rend/rapture/throrn Build with my Barb :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like