Please Fix Shadow Clone

BLIZZARD PLEASE BUFF SHADOW CLONE.

I will make a new post every update you make without buffs. It is one of the worst skills in the game because it does not receive any of your character buffs, aspects, or multipliers. When leader boards hit, you will see that not a single hall of ancients rogue will use shadow clone. It is terrible which is sad because it is one of the coolest abilities in the game. There have been many blog posts stating that it does not scale at all and that aspects dont work on it leaving us wondering if these are bugs or not.

Grasp of shadow sucks, shadowslicer sucks and imitated imbuement sucks. There are no defensive aspects for shadow clone either, so its not good for damage or defense.

Please buff shadow clone!

5 Likes

I second this! You want us to experiment and try different builds but won’t give us the tools to do so. We need more effective skills. I’ve been a fan of grasp of shadow since release for the easy to obtain core ranks but quickly found the shadow clone greatly lacking. The ultimate is weak too and isn’t out long enough nor do we have enough options to reduce its cooldown. Gotta say, even the new beastfall boots are horrible! Since there is no unique crossbow yet might as well try to incorporate something that possibly improves close damage to help flurry along with maybe some aspect that improves shadow clone & and or shadow ultimate.

2 Likes

There’s so much potential with Shadow Clone as well. They could make a unique that would give shadow clone unique interactions when using shadow imbuement. They could also make something that would make it like a Naruto shadow clone that spawns a lot that helps you dodge attacks. Just some simple ideas…

2 Likes

can u at least make correct post if u gonna whine it just proves player base is as clueless as devs on this class. the shadow clone is bugged, it doesnt need buff, it needs fix, do u understand this? did u bother test it even?

It’s not my job to test. I’m not employed by blizzard. If it’s bugged it needs fixed and if they weren’t aware they are now. Additionally I’m not the only person that wants changes to the shadow clone.

3 Likes

when I got “Grasp of Shadow” , I thought this is a good one…and it turns out to be crap…

Can I add a suggestion ? Until fix, can we rename it “shadow clown”, more appropriate for current state of skill.
Just kidding. :clown_face:

1 Like

The issue for me is majority of rogue damage is LOCKED behind combo points, and shadow clone doesn’t get that added damage.

Shadow clone is only worth it if you aren’t using combo points anyway, but then you aren’t dealing enough damage.

1 Like

I dont understand how Sorc gets amazing aspects like Storm Swell/Conceited (which are easy to use) and Rogue has only Edgemasters/Elements for non combo point builds. Rogue is in a terrible spot for Inner Sight/Preparation, because for those two you need to have Starless Skies but Combo Points can run that pluse Condemnation which puts it ahead again.

1 Like

Exactly, I know preparation isn’t that bad compared to Combo Points, at least it resets all cooldowns when using an ult.

Inner sight however needs a lot of love still.

Inner Sight got a decentish buff with the revision to Leyrana’s Instinct, Preparation has No Witnesses which is garbage compared to Blood Rage or any of the Sorc/Druid multiplicative boosts. Both these play styles need way more support.

1 Like

Biggest patch yet and they still haven’t addressed 90% of the issues with Shadow Clone! Please Blizzard there are many worse bugs with skill than the No Witness bug.

1 Like

Here’s blizzard’s take on the shadow clone issue: https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1773508127868215692

Shadow clone may not be bugged per-se, but it’s definitely not performing anywhere near as stated on the skill.

1 Like

We are the weakest class in Season 3… I’m not saying because of the damage. But we die very easily. I cast a practically perfect shadow claw, now have a 34% lucky chance of invoking a shadow clone when hitting a vulnerable enemy. Why are only enemies vulnerable? It seems like it’s a very powerful skill that can’t be used directly… but it’s not. If there was an aspect where your shadow clone was always active, I wouldn’t use it. There is a detail that the shadow claw is not good luck, being limited only to rings.

2 Likes

wth are they smoking like what? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
D4 devs can u please go to uber lilith and hit air with pen shot and watch the clone dmg on lilith than do it urself without clone u literally do 10x more dmg like wtf

1 Like