Not Able to log into Characters Screen

Ever since the full launch of the game I’ve had the Character screen not load up the characters I’ve made during the Early launch. I can’t even get past the Character screen it just locks up unable to click anything. If I wait 2-3 mins it will give me a reconnect login message and then just boot me from the Character screen.

3 Likes

Same problem here. I was playing earlier but I can’t get back in. No characters show up on start screen.

2 Likes

Same problem. Played last night at global launch no problem but since the patch last night whenever I try to login I don’t get a character screen, it’s just black in the middle where my characters should be. There are red buttons for play, delete character, create new character but none of them do anything, I’m 100% locked out. Wife’s computer is very similar to mine and she logs in without issue.

2 Likes

Same here and there’s nothing I can do, I’ve tried everything, reinstalling, waiting, etc.

1 Like

same issue here. Hubby gets in no problem but I cant get past character screen… and my characters dont show up.
I have uninstalled, reinstalled, logged off and on…but nothing. Very frustrating!

Same. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing works. My husband’s account works just fine.

Same issue here since last night. Reinstalled and updated drivers with no luck. Husband has same issue on his laptop.

1 Like

my games not loading the character screen either. not fun but im glad im not the only one its happening too

1 Like

Same here. Everything worked fine last night but today none of my character appear on the character selection screen. Menus don’t work either. I had to alt-F4 to get out of D4

1 Like

same problem. guessing no one has come up with anything?

Same here. New company, they will lean how to make a stable game.

Hey everyone,

Please read over this thread as it details the likely causes and what to do if you suddenly lose progress between play sessions.

This is 100% NOT THE PROBLEM. I didn’t switch profiles or links. I’ve had a single battle.net account since vanilla WoW. Characters are not loading when I start up the game. Nothing loads. There are some buttons for creating and deleting characters but they cannot be clicked and the character selection table never presents itself.

3 Likes

This doesn’t apply to my issue. I haven’t switched to a console or linked my account to anything. I’m just trying to log in to my account from my PC like I always have. Fix the issue. The character screen is blank and blacked out not able to click anywhere.

This is not the problem. I think this has to be a server issue or something related because the character selection screen is not able to retrieve the characters in time, and then crashes the game as soon as it reconnects.

Exactly the issue I’m having.

Super frustrating paying $90 for a game and during the release week I am at 48 hours of not being able to play. Same boat here, everything works, logs in fine, then it gets to the CHARACTER SCREEN and there are buttons, but no characters. Nothing is clickable. Its like its frozen, but you can move the mouse and hear the music. I have to end program with Task Manager. BLIZZARD PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP! I have a game session tonight with friends and I CANNOT PLAY THIS GAME.

1 Like

I have to chime in with the other people - this is not the issue. I have only ever played on PC and have also had a Battle.net account since Vanilla WOW and original Starcraft. Blizzard - I am now at 24 hours of not being able to play. I have repaired my game and uninstalled/reinstalled. Please help us fix this ASAP.

1 Like

I have played since the early-access period, created multiple hardcore characters (and lost many) and a regular one too. But today, when I try to play, I get to the character selection screens and there are no characters shown.

I play on PC, with my regular battle net account; I didn’t log out or anything. I did try to restart, or update battle net, but it didn’t help.

Of note, when reaching the characters list, the game still works (mouse moves around, music playing), but I can’t click on anything. If I press ALT-F4, the 3D window disappear, but the music keep playing, I have to terminate the game using the task manager.

32GB of ram, 3080TI, no driver changes or anything since playing yesterday.

Any idea ?

1 Like

Good afternoon everyone,

Ironically enough, just after posting my complaint, the RNG gods shined upon me and allowed me to bask in the glory that is this mediocre spaghetti code of a game.

I do know, the only thing I did different after trying all the tricks and jumping through all the hoops, is the following: I allowed the game to sit frozen until it disconnected me and kicked me from the game completely, back to the desktop that is. Then upon opening it again, it worked fine.