No WSAD what was Blizzard thinking?

How do you make a game in 2023 with no key board movement option? Specially after having so much experience with WOW and knowing a lot of WOW players will also jump into Diablo 4. It’s the same company…
The game is amazing but this is a stupid thing to miss. Please add WSAD movement on keyboard before my mouse hand falls off. For real people with hand problems cannot play this game in PC.

7 Likes

Diablo has always been like this since D1. The isometric POV makes WASD movement controls quite impractical.

5 Likes

Oh wow another whiny WASD post. Pro tip: there is no hand positioning on your KB that is going to be better for your wrists than a controller.

3 Likes

Game wasn’t designed to controlled via wasd but perhaps you would be happier if you experiement more with the force stop option. Shift key by default.

Enjoy!

WASD can make certain wrist/elbow/shoulder conditions worse. So, in order to make the game accessible, they will not be implementing WASD anytime close to soon.

How do you not know what a search bar is in 2023.

3 Likes

How do you except a game IP that has NEVER had WASD movement through 3 (now 4 games) to all of a sudden have it for zero reason.

get a controller… done you can play on pc without M&K

2 Likes

Lol, another post for the burn pile. We’ll be warm all winter at this rate.

Asmongold’s drones are persistent. I’m sure he whined about it on his stream yesterday since he’s the one that started this.

4 Likes

its a major turnoff to put it mildly
please add it with the exact same functionality as dumpster immortal

appreciated

Some people actually want WASD and don’t actively follow Asmongold. Actually, I’d say Asmon has had plenty of awful takes in videogames over the years (even the ones he’s known for such as WoW) - but just because someone does or doesn’t want WASD doesn’t necessarily mean it’s related to Asmon, the world doesn’t revolve around him surprisingly

2 Likes

People keep asking for WASD movement in D4 and I just can’t imagine how awkward it would be to try moving my character with the keyboard. Even in WoW I turn with my mouse.

1 Like

HI! Sounds like you are new to gaming. First, do you even know what genre this game is? Obviously not. This is an ARPG not an mmo. Please learn the difference the difference between an ARPG and an MMO.

Also, since you don’t know, please make sure to post this in the Lost Ark, Diablo 3, Diablo 2, etc. forums as well since none of those use movement keys either. lmao

2 Likes

If it can control with a controller joystick then it’s perfectly capable of wasd movement.

1 Like

Please post this in the Lost Ark and Path of Exile forums too LMAO (love these newb gamers posting)

Funny little thing you can do now… Boot up a software that emulates controller input. Bind wasd to the left joystick. Boom wasd movement in-game.

All they need to do is emulate it themselves in-game.

1 Like

I don’t get it. Why do you want WASD so badly? So you can play with one hand or what? Seems pretty clunky / impractical

Because people like having easy options for how they want to control their characters in-game?

Accessibility reasons?

Being able to move in one direction and aim with the cursor towards the other?

3 Likes

Everything you just said makes no sense. I’m sorry :joy:

To be fair they just added it in Albion and I thought it was gonna be a disaster. But somehow they made it work.