No unique stones for me

So my girlfriend and I finally ran malphas with the materials we had… i think we got 7 runs. No unique stone drops.

What a boring slog! Touch 15 obelisks and sit through 5 herald cycles for one run through a stupid long dungeon CHORE. This wasn’t fun or rewarding and it didn’t provide any progress. It was a complete waste of time.

I’m done grinding on things that don’t provide reward or progress. A pure rng activity with a high chance of nothing isn’t fun… it’s just a time sink to trick us into logging hours because they can’t be bothered to give us a productive and fun endgame.

1 Like

NOOOO! Whole 7 runs and you got NOTHING???!!!

Just uninstall and never come back.

5 Likes

Good job ignoring the point, troll.

4 Likes

Hi Hex ,

Agreed , the loom is clearly set up for a party run. And the run up to the boss fight is way too long. I did it once , that is enuff. Best thing to do is NOT do it , that will show up on the data sheets at Blizz.

5 Likes

Yes its designed for group play.

You need 4 players, so each player can do one lane or one dungeon.
Then you just wait. You dont open any stash and dont use any warden in the dungeon.
Just run your lane and wait at the end - you also dont kill mobs in the dungeon just run to the end.

This takes around 4 minutes per one uber malpha run.

Sadly Duriel and Malphas are both designed for group-play and you have a vast advantage there. Sadly, thats the truth.

3 Likes

4 minutes per run plus the chore time of accumulating cores. That is way too much time investment for the probability to be that you end up with absolutely nothing to show for it. I could make peace with not getting drops if i was accomplishing some other type of progress in tandem… but for it all to be a complete waste of time and probable promise of nothing is not fun or compelling. I have no interest in being one of the people who has spent hours upon hours running this with no drops.

At least Duriel has likely rewards of lower uniques that are useful. I also don’t expect to see an uber unique because the grind is not fun or productive. If I got one, it wouldn’t be “Alright! Finally! Yay!” It would be more like, “Well… finally… now i can fit that in and go do… oh right… nothing.”

2 Likes

Cant run geoup with sorc because it will pull them to the active boss type room

1 Like

I read most of the post here. Sure this like duriel and made for groups. Have to consider this is part of the season of construct. The unique stone need a increase drop rate.

1 Like

You’re not alone. That’s how I felt when I found my Shako. Felt empty, then angry. Seems to be how most players feel when they finally find Shako or GF.

2 Likes

Bro I done one Malphas run and I’m done. Just collecting the 7 cores to do it and end up with nothing was enough for me to nope the hell out of there.

2 Likes

fortunately after my 10th run of malfas genesis dropped and finally, last night evernight dropped but evernight seems a bit overrated but who knows

1 Like

A boring slog is basically the design direction for this pile of franchise. They didn’t make a mobile diablo game because they wanted the money - they made a mobile diablo game because that’s the best they can do.

1 Like

Same. I did malphas once, got trash for drops, and decided he’s not worth my time. Not sure who is coming up with these User Stories on the dev team, but they are pretty bad at it.

2 Likes

Yeah I won’t be grinding anymore myself running duriel 75 times solo for the mount broke me to hell with endless grinds .

2 Likes

My two cents.

The uber unique stones should be difficult to obtain…and most likely should take more than half a dozen runs.

HOWEVER. I haven’t gotten a single piece of 925 gear from Loom runs…if the Loom isn’t END GAME maybe the uber stones should be dropped elsewhere.

Also, most people running Loom rotas already have all their governing/tuning stones maxed out…so my loot primarily consists of sub 925 gear and shattered stones…

OP is right in saying Loom is a giant waste of time.

Recommendation…up the mob levels to about a NMD T90 for the 925 gear drops…increase malphas difficulty…give him a similar loot table to duriel…make the uber stones account wide…oh and release the gauntlet?

3 Likes