Necro is weaksauce

Even more, sorc from Nightmare and specially hell Will suffer from resistances.

i have played them all.

Sorc/Necro - S tier
Rogue - A tier
Druid/barb - F tier

Yes, I fully invested 7 points into Blight and equipped a legendary weapon I found. Its high essence cost, tiny small puddle pool, couple with fact monsters constantly move out of it made it seem exceptionally weak.
Sad, because the skill itself looks real nice, despite how much I miss the poison necro tree.

Skelly tanking to distract you from getting hit less often is nice, but the ‘core’ skills on their own felt terribly weak.

I dunno, for me bone spear felt really strong. I guess the others were just sort of okay.

But corpse explosion clears a room effortlessly.

I dont think necro will be quite as strong as players on the beta are lead to believe depending upon how difficult torment / most difficulty setting is and the lack of survivability of summoned minions. Just to guess I think they’ll get walloped…

Maybe, but you still have a full skill build for other spells that can either be good enough on their own without even needing the skellies, or they can be built to spawn corpses so fast you can just keep summoning more skellies as they die.

I haven’t fought any world bosses but i’m steamrolling through the game. Maybe you need to redo your skills.

Potentially, i just dont know, a lot depends upon how strong enemies become. I think where they’ll shine is playing Bone, sacking skele’s, either sacking or keeping golem, and playing with a group who can get aggro while you pump.

lol is this a joke, necro is the most overtuned class at the moment, you don’t even need to use health potions, just stay at range and spam spells, skellies can tank anything except a world boss, if you are wiping on the first boss I don’t even know how you can be that terrible

I know some skills could use balancing for all classes, but I respectfully disagree with this. I played on the harder difficulty with necro and completed most of the content available in the beta and only died once because of an idiot mistake on my part standing right next to a spawning boss and getting frozen and helpless while it hit me lol.

Most of the time I didn’t feel pressured at all wishing it felt harder. I used a blood build, focused on attack speed and damage buffs, and used corpse spawns to help keep the skeletons up. Losing all of the summons felt like the most danger I could be in, especially against any tougher mobs or bosses. What truly felt like the tipping point was getting the legendary for the skill blood mist I think. It explodes all nearby corpses when you use it and you’re invincible for 3 seconds.

I am curious how other builds would do though.

Necro is probably the most OP class 1-25 right now. The class is not at fault, this is 100% user error.

1 Like

Unless you encounter Butcher.

I ran into him twice. He gives 2 sh!tes about your minion and eats them for breakfast while waiting for his main course (you)

got to 25 on necro, was a breeze, was so easy i went back to my sorc

I haven’t had any problems at all with Necro. My only complaint is that corpses are shared, so if there is another necro nearby they can explode all the corpses before you can use them.

Rogue feels too much jack of all trades for me, doesnt have the sheer Power of a D2 Javazon and doesnt have the no cooldown traps of the assassin, It Is a bit more technic maybe but the tier A spot is of the sorceress believe me.

The Necro is extremely strong, what are you on about?

minions are fine though i do agree that devour is a trap in comparison to the other basic ability, you need to pick up the minion strength skills early along side damage spawns corpses once you do bosses are easy enough to respond to.

I managed to kill bosses in 10 seconds with minions, decompose is good for buffing minions/spawning corpses, idk what you’re doing but whatever it is it’s wrong.

Decompose/blight are an insane combo for minion builds, idk how you think their weak they are FAR from weak.

The first thing i thought when playing a Necro was - oh no i hope they dont nerf it until its a usless class.

Its pretty strong - but its also pretty boring since there way too many one-time skills blocking skill slots.