My thoughts on AoZ after finishing Tier 15

Yeah that’s my plan - take a break for a couple of days, then farm those cosmetics. After that, I’ll re-evaluate.

1 Like

What I do, in D3, was not push until the END of the season. Sure, it’s cool to test some here and there, but save most of your resources/sanity for the end push. I played a lot of AoZ, but I’m not killing myself (well, not since I turned domination off lol) over it for a fast and easy experience. I JUST got a selig necklace today, so all of my fun has been very Russian Roullet related.

I plan on leveling up my Tears on like 5 guys (lol) to maybe 10 or something. Then near the end of the season go crazy in the high end AOZ.

It should never have existed IMHO. The developers kept saying this (AoZ) will be a great way to test your builds. Well, ToB glyph requires I change my build (amongst other things).

1 Like

I can’t even think of why I would need it at level 1… it’s a waste of time…

now I’m just waiting for that new cosmetics event…
maybe there will be something more beautiful… because everything I have… is a tragedy

I made a new post to try and combat the bad parts of AoZ. Please comment

Salvaging AoZ into something coherant on Eternal :grin: - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

As to what they are testing, to me its obvious the HoTa , the Grav ball light build, The 21 combo point rouge. To see how far the builds car be pushed, Also to see if they should implement other builds like these…

hopefully a “beauty in sin” cosmetic variant for barb

and to see how much the game can be broken…which is a lot from what i have seen with the snapshotting meta going on now

1 Like

To your point about aspects. I have a Level 100 Necro and Barbarian. I have 2 Shakos, Melted Heart, Andariel, Starless, Doombringer, and Grandfather. Im also Blood Glyph level 21.

I have only seen a maxed Disobedience Aspect TWICE throughout the entire season 2!!! (My last one was from a AoZ T7 run)

I’m so sorry to read this :frowning:
It’s so common for me. 6 stashed(I’ve destroyed a few as well over time) and just got 3 my last Duri session along with 2 perf Vyr’s and 2 6sec Mights. More stash space taken up(I’m revamping some builds and making alt specs etc.).

Try gambling maybe?
It seems to be most common on Chests & Pants from my experience.
p.s. I am shako-less and sad about it.

1 Like

Totally agree.

Recently got shako and melted, cleared T10 solo. Farmed the ubers in two players coop (legit, no dupes, no bought materials), but only one of us got usefull ubers, finally we’ve gave up.
Coop in AoZ by design is stupid, and without ubers totally pointless.

Maybe we will check the winter event, but we are losing all intrest in the game :frowning:

Game is full of strange bugs (my favorit was when living steel chest not spanned for weeks), and a heaven for exploiters, dupers.

Finally caved into temptation and put selig on. Makes it much more fun. I feel like I’m a watching a steamer play, but it’s just me doing too much damage and being immortal as long as I have fury. I can’t really complain, LOL. Going to see if I can get my Tears to lvl 20 before the Winter event thing.

this is only true until you are approaching 20s, then selig is a burden for ball sorc because you just dont have enough damage to kill bloodseeker anymore.

you need dr injured on everything possible along with optimized stats, if you want a chance to beat 25 simply because that allows you to get rid of selig without instantly vaporizing

i still dont understand why do they make content like this to be honest, i am hard stuck at 17 and unless i somehow magically find a full set of injured gear within the next 2 weeks, yeah i am not going to keep playing, its just pointless.

They expect you to spend hundreds and thousands of hours within 2 months just to max level the glyph, lmao

did they really think their content is so wonderful to the point we are willing to spend that much time grinding it out? They are so clueless lol

In Diablo 3, we would save hard pushing until the end of the season. It’s very draining. I like how competitive people are here right out of the gates though, even without leaderboards. I think some gameplay trends like hard pushing so early, were unexpected? Too many people from other games maybe? It’s like people are trying to complete an already impossible task for 6 weeks into 6 days?

Anyways, anyone who triumphs past 10 gets a cookie and a firm handshake as far as I’m concerned. Too many people are too hard on themselves. The content isn’t balanced very well, but it’s really hard. 20+ is like the 1% crowd (any game).

I think if indeed most aren’t doing above NMD 50 it’s because they can’t or don’t want the added frustration of dying every time they turn around. I spend most of my time in 50’s NMD’s and occasionally do 60’s to see if my character has gotten any better (he hasn’t) so AoZ is not a draw for me, and likely not for many.

Yup.

I decided to try and get the Ubers I need, but just got my 5th Shako in a row. I’m done with it.

For me too, the game has lost some of its appeal due to a poor proposal for this AoZ, which remains an exciting and very interesting idea, but should be revisited a bit. Despite boasting a great sorcerer, fully uber, with several valid builds for pushing or farming the glyph (I can easily complete T15), I’ve only reached lvl 22 of it due to a lack of motivation. This is caused by the fact that from here to lvl 50, there are no intermediate rewards, neither in terms of titles nor cosmetics, and the distance to achieve it is enormous. It requires hours and hours of uninterrupted farming without any gratification in between. So, farming T14, up to 50 and then probably farming T19 up to 100 and so on. Mortally boring and fruitless, in my humble opinion.

However, the most disastrous thing about this AoZ is certainly the impossibility to diversify the gaming experience. Two more negative aspects than others:

First: in fact, you cannot play in a group, because the single life without the possibility of resurrection is too penalizing. So, the nice games in company that we used to play in D3 no longer exist. If anything, it’s better to play in separate matches and take turns inviting others into your own game to get some extra XP. This choice I imagine was made to avoid boosting, but this could have been resolved differently, as was already done in D3, for example, you cannot participate in a T16 group if you have not at least completed a T15 solo, for instance.

Second: in fact, you cannot play the end-game with more than one character, because the glyph needs to be leveled separately for each one, as is the case for other glyphs. Given that for the normal glyphs having to reroll them from scratch with characters of the same class is something inconsiderate, but for this special one, they could have managed it in a special way and thus allowed its sharing. And I could have played my beautiful barbarian also fully uber: which translates into hours thrown between tides to farm shards to farm Duriel to farm the uber themselves.

In short, there is something to review, and honestly, it seems quite simple to do better than this.

Easy suggestions:

• Allow displaying the character level and AoZ level (as was the case with paragons in D3), so as to allow players to ‘boast’ to friends about what they have achieved.
  • Allow displaying the AoZ level during the AoZ match, so at least a streamer is not forced to say it aloud.
  • Reward intermediate milestones with small variations on cosmetics (e.g., a sword illuminated in yellow, then becoming green and then red depending on the level reached).
  • Reward intermediate milestones with titles (e.g., lvl 1 Zir’s, lvl 5 adept, lvl 10 cool, lvl 15 badass, etc.), and not just the last, for many unreachable, supreme title Zenith.

But I could stay until tomorrow writing more, I’ve already bored you enough. :smiley:

I agree with your other points but I fail to see the issue here. Isn’t this grind you’re complaining about (finding the best stuff to be able to clear higher content) the whole point of the game? You keep playing this game because you want this Shako, this heart of selig, etc. What is there to address exactly? It’s not the end of the world if you end the season at tier 4 instead of at tier 15 or more. You had a fun time just the same. You also say “Otherwise, end-game content will lock out 95%+ of players” but that’s not the case : even poorly-optimized builds can complete a tier 1 AoZ (the way it should be - the AoZ nerf really was the right thing to do) and what’s the difference between a tier 1 and a tier 25? Nothing. Just numbers. As I said, the person with no Ubers and a poor build will have fun trying to push to complete a tier 2, while the guy with Ubers and Maxroll builds will have fun trying to push to complete a tier 16. It’s all good and I wouldn’t call tiers 10, 16 or 25 “locked end-game content”.

I agree that the new glyph sucks though. They replaced the boring grind to level 21 of the previous glyphs in NMDs, with the boring grind of this new glyph in AoZ, so they ended up making the exact same mistake. Very slow clap to them. What they need is to give us more goals AT THE SAME TIME that hopefully synergize with each other. When there are tons of layers of ways to increase our power, that’s when end-game will be interesting - not just having us do the same thing over and over and after 1000 times of that thing, we get 2% increased damage. It’s just an awful, awful idea that shows they’re not playing their game and don’t understand their customers.

They actually said that it’s not meant to be completed, and that might confuse people even more who are looking for a reason to do the content.