My Early Access characters deleted after linking PSN to blizzard account?

Yes. The progress stays with the Battlenet account. That is how it is designed to work I believe.

This is for D2R, but the same concept applies.

In order to play Diablo IV at all, your console account MUST have been connected to a Battle.net account. This is a Battle.net account that you would have set up and connected to your console yourself - we don’t do any of the connecting for you. You would not have been allowed to log in and create characters otherwise.

If you are saying that things have gone missing AFTER linking, it definitely means you have switched the Battle.net account that you were connected to. When you try to connect a console account to a Battle.net account on the website it does tell you that doing so will remove any previous connections.

The fix is to reconnect your console account to the original Battle.net account that it was on. That is where your progress has been saved.

Sun, it looks like the Bnet account you’re currently posting with is connected to your PSN account but the Bnet account you’re currently posting with is not the account you were originally playing on. You have a different Bnet account under a different email address (hint: a weapon) that you’ll want to connect your PSN account with in order to get back the original progress you had.

JThizz, same thing for you. The account you’re currently posting on is connected to XBL but it is not the original Bnet account you were using. You have a different email (hint: same name, different domain) that was used and that is the Bnet account you’ll want to link your XBL account with in order to get your progress back.

Stubbs, same for you. The account you’re currently posting with is connected to your PSN account but that is not the account you were originally linked with and playing on. Please keep your Customer Support ticket open and they should be able to shed some light on this for you.

Looking into these takes a lot of time but I hope that with these three examples, I’ve given you all some confidence that your progress is not lost. You just need to connect back to the correct Battle.net account to access it. If you need help recovering your Battle.net account because you’ve forgotten the email address / password, please open a support ticket here.

8 Likes

Thank you i was able to fix it after receiving this information.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat here after claiming twitch drops. Any fix as of yet?

I literally don’t believe you. When I found out my battletag was a random collection of numbers I realized my PSN wasn’t attached to my old account (that I no longer even have access to) so I made a new one.

I wouldn’t mind going through support tickets if it didn’t take 19+ hours just to get a response.

1 Like

Why wouldnt it ask you what account you were logging in with? I don’t have access to whatever email was used years ago. My only battlenet account that has all my Blizzard purchases is the only one I use. So now my purchases are all lost to an old battlenet/email I dont use or can’t reset.

2 Likes

This makes no sense I didn’t have to make a battle.net account to buy thru Xbox and I even to make a character that is not true. I didn’t make a battle.net account till days after 4 days into EA and I also was doing Beta Slam with no battle.net account also.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. I’ve managed to find the email it was associated with (the hint helped a lot, as it was an email from 11 years ago that was linked with diablo 3). The issue is that I can’t login because it requires a code from the authentication device. I can’t disable/change the authentication device because it requires me to login to disable it. I can’t login.

My ticket from 20+ hours ago still has not been responded to. I updated it to ask whether the authentication device can be removed just so I can login. I’m not sure if I should submit another separate ticket for this? Is there anything else I can do? I tried the “remove authentication device temporarily” in the support section, but it asks verification questions related to hearthstone and WoW, which I never played.

1 Like

UPDATE!!! So I fixed on my own, if you only have battle.net account and linked before the actual realease date then unlink it threw battle.net. Yes it says can’t link another for 365 days. I then logged into the game on my Xbox and it will prompt you to log in with QR code etc. It will bring up the account that its register with allow you to log in. POW my characters and Ultimate package are back! Some how before realease you didn’t have to do this but after it is required.

1 Like

I tried to link my battle net account as well for the twitch drops and lost my two characters. I only have one account for each service (one PS account, one battle net account, one email)

What could I do to try to get my characters back? I submitted a ticket yesterday but still haven’t heard anything.
I’ve put over 30+ hours since the Early access.

I also lost all my beta stuff I got rewarded, and my deluxe content for the ultimate edition. No beta wolf pack, no Ashava horn, no wing emote.

Any help would be appreciated

I only purchased one license from my xbox series x and it shows active on the same bnet account I linked. Do you want to try and give some other BS story. I somehow knew something like this would happen with this company and stupid me I went ahead and got the game. Guaranteed this is the last blizzard product I will ever buy until Microsoft is able to buy it out.

I have two bnet accounts but all my progress has been saved to this account

Same issue after linking my twitch account both my characters are gone

Can you confirm I’m on the correct account linked to my Xbox?

How exactly did you fix it because my xbox doesn’t bring up the original account

Please help i have the same issue an cant get a response for my ticket

I have the same problem with Diablo 3 Pc when I paired PSN account for Diablo 4 Stress Test(SAME EMAIL, now I have a different battletag) . I lost my old chars on Day1 and nobody answer me!? WTF

In the same boat as a lot of you Series X here, but I was able to get back my Character and pre order things figuring out that my wife’s email was the one linked to everything which is strange since its not the main account and she never played the open betas either.
The only thing I can think of is I somehow with D2 Resurrected switched something there and now that I think about when I made a account for her in d3 is when it probably switched to the email I made for her and not my main account email. Very confusing I must say since I did not purchase it on my wife’s profile as it is not the main profile of my Xbox.
Yes I can now use my Barb and the pre order things but only with my wife’s account and not my main xbox/battle.net account. I made a new Sorc on my main just to see if the pre order stuff was there and it was not same with the open beta wolf cub.

My dad is having the same issue. It seems like there is an issue with PSN/XBL early access accounts creating and linking to a brand new battlenet ID. For some reason with PS/XB, the game did not link to the current battle net account, but created a new account and linked to that. Now when they were asked to link their account for twitch drops or for whatever reason, they linked to their original battle net account and lost characters that were on the Blizzard/console forced created new battle net.

You have shown in your post that the account that they are currently posting from (Which is likely their original account prior to them purchasing D4) is not the same account that they started their characters on (which are now lost). This shows that the account that they know and have always had access to with previous Blizzard games on was not used to create the characters when they had early access. Blizzard, XBL, or PSN force created a battle net account and linked their early access game to this account. This is only happening on console, so there is an issue with early access accounts not automatically being linked to the original battle net account on the device.

I would assume that for SunbrOLO, his different email that has the hint of a weapon is probably his PS/XB email. Weapon@live.com or whatever. Im not 100% that is the case, but it is the most likely conclusion that I could think of.

Solution:

1. Each player now needs to log into this new random battlenet account every time they play D4
  2. Blizzard needs to figure a way of moving characters from this force created/linked account to their preferred/original Battle net account.

Im assuming that it is too much work for Blizzard (and will net them zero profit), and customers will be forced to continue to log into some random account every time they want to play D4, or they lose those characters.

Had to buy the UE twice to get the items, now I cannot even log in due to the perpetual queue bug some in SEA are experiencing

So basically Blizzard didn’t take liability for the screw up and said too bad and you have to now switch between battle net accounts in a situation that we created. That’s your hard earned $90-100 Classic game devs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.