Mobalytics / Maxroll App

Probably.

“Yup. Overlays will get you banned as well. People are reporting using things like mobalytics and getting banned. There are zero approved add-ons or overlays for D4.”

1 Like

all guys asking “is this app going to…?”, are you able to read other topics? there are plenty of. all the same. the time you spent creating a new one, searching not even here, just in google, would give you the answer far quicker. it’s not that changing the name of the app changes the answer. this has been asked countless times, and verified other countless times. people got banned even for using assistance apps for their disability. 1000% you can get banned whatever the purpose of whatever external app you are going to use interacting with the game. no matter the intentions existing or not harm or how it is called etc. and it’s written loud and clear everywhere. if you use any app interacting with it, you definitely, absolutely, certainly and totally can get banned.

Well then looks like I will be deleting Mobalytics app.

To be honest with you, D4 is essentailly a PvE game. If D4 devs want to ban me(us) for making their game more enjoyable with an addon app that does not affect other players they can go ahead and ban me. I pay for the seasonal passes and sometimes even cosmetics to support their game. If they are adamant at losing paying customers for something that does not impact people other than myself they can go ahead. There are tons of other good games out there that can use the money.

1 Like

Well, that certainly is a risk if you want to take it. Blizzard does not allow any third party software that touches their game files, displays real time game info, etc. Of course, they also don’t allow automation of anything, cheating, exploiting bugs, etc.

Just don’t be upset if you do get suspended or banned for it.

Blizzard can’t ban you for using a FPS Overlay. It’s not against their TOS. It does not have any affect on the game or its files and is no different than activating one built into your own monitor. It doesn’t inject anything. If they were to ban you for that you would be well within your rights for a lawsuit.

Well, if the fps over lay is getting information that a personal normally does not have access to and places it in the overlay, which is what thud does, it will end up getting you banned.

Discords overlay would be okay since its jusr showing you who is chatting.

1 Like

Sorry but you’re wrong. You cannot be banned for using RivaTuner as a FPS Overlay only. I already went through this with Epic Games (Fortnite) and won. Now, if the people who claim to have gotten banned using it were using other functions? Or just plain lying and were in fact using hacks/cheats on the side? I can’t say. But FPS Counter alone cannot be grounds for a ban. At least not one that would hold up in court if you decided to defend yourself.

1 Like

If its just fps in the overlay, its not other informatiom from the game.

Have fun with that let us know how it turns out.

Blizzard can ban you for any reason.

1 Like

Shhhh fingers mouth

Phatty is 100% correct about software that touches any actual game information. They even have a pinned post about overlays.

Of course not. That is just your FPS related to your computer performance. Monitoring your CPU or GPU temps is also just checking system performance. Nobody was suggesting that system info about your computer would get you banned.

1 Like

I couldn’t really understand the point he was making with the way he worded it and the spelling mistakes. But that goes along with what I said about “other features”. Yes, if it’s accessing information or files it shouldn’t that are part of the game that’s against the TOS. However, like I said and like you just agreed, if it’s just system specs/performance information then it’s not against anything in the TOS.

I just wanted to clarify because someone posted a quote insinuating people are getting banned for using RivaTuner as a FPS overlay and that can’t be true if it’s only being used for that. I know this because my account was once false positive banned by Epic Games on Fortnite. In the end it was reverted because they agreed RivaTuner FPS Counter did not violate any rules.

1 Like

Yeah sorry, I was on the toliet… on my phone…
TMI I know, also my command of grammar is bad at times.

I tend to have some issues when I use my phone to post stuff.

Anyhow, yeah I should have said game information being ported to the overlay.

Yes.

Source: People have been banned.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/code-52-ban-only-campaign/48157

And I’m not familiar with the maxroll app, but there’s nothing against tabbing out to the website.

Playing Diablo Immortal?

Lol playing diablo 4 forums!

1 Like

Standard system info overlays (RTSS, HardwareInfo64, etc.) aren’t bannable. Mobalytics is. That one actually reads from the game data. Now, something that pulls from a website API but does not read the game data should theoretically be safe, but overlays are a rather tricky area and in general it’s best to go by the rule of thumb: “If you have to ask if it’s OK, it’s best to skip it.”

And no, none of us are saying the game’s lack of feature set isn’t a pretty glaring omission. Properly functioning calendar countdown timers for helltides, world bosses, and legion events should have been in the game day one. They have the info on their server(s) and can easily display that succinctly on the map screen. That we still have to rely on places like helltides.com and such outside of the game for reliable information is frustrating to no end.

I hear you. A good example of the website api type is FortniteTracker’s overlay which just pulls your stats as they are updated from their site, which pulls from your public game profile. Never actually touching anything to do with the game and allows you to display your stats/stats of teammates while in game (which Epic is also ok with).