[Main Thread] Screen flickering on Xbox Series S - June 2023

It’s been happening on my Series S for the last few days as well. Been running at 1080p the whole time.

4 Likes

Hello everyone, I have same problem here, constant black flickering in the game, playing on xbox series s

1 Like

Same here. Happening outside of towns for me as well though.

1 Like

same here, and it started after the update.
at first only in towns. now it appears outside of towns as well.
playing on xbox serie S.
its very annoying :frowning:

2 Likes

XBOX Series S - same flickering issue.
XBOX Series X - no flickering.

We have seen crashes on both systems. Both of our xboxes have external fans for cooling… and the house stays very cool. Hopefully it’s not a heating issue.

1 Like

Mine are opposite. Xbox X has the problem iv linked previously and my Xbox S only has a rear flickering. But crashing has happened a handful of times.

Going to link to Reddit where a guy is having the same issue as me. https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/142q6o8/black_screen_bug/?sort=new

1 Like

Same here - Xbox Series X

1 Like

That’s not a solution, it’s a band-aid. Blizzard knows perfectly well that the Xbox Series S upscales to 4K and HDR10, and since it’s a 100% known and unchanging hardware spec, they decided to render the game at 1440p.

If they can’t solve the VRAM texture memory leak issues, it’s on THEM to change the profile for the xbox client so it renders at 1080p on the Series S hardware, not to expect the user to make EVERY OTHER GAME that has no such issues look worse.

2 Likes

That looks even more serious lol like a 35mm print film being burnt

1 Like

Anyone found a fix yet? Same problem on my series S

1 Like

I can say that I had almost no flickering at all when I first installed and ran the game, nor in the server slam. Only time I noticed it was after a very long play session where I ran around to almost ever zone.

However, after the recent stability/login issues of the last two days, I did a full reboot of my xbox series S, and while the connection now seems to have stabilized (as of 10AM Pacific), there is now texture flicker all over the place.

Please take a good look at this, as the consoles are FIXED TARGETS of hardware specs. The xbox client should look to see which of the 5 possible targets it’s on (xbox one, one S, one X, series S, or series X) and know 100% how much VRAM it can use, and adjust behavior and LOD accordingly.

1 Like

It works for me, many thanks @TilloX.
I deactived the HDR10 option only and it does the trick. I understand that this issue should be solved by Blizzard but, in the meantime, its a big relief to get rid of these flickering issues.

1 Like

that’s what i think - Blizzard did not put in support for 4K HDR on series s and that’s causing problems - lowering my resolution to 1080p or disable HDR 10 didn’t fix it though

1 Like

Today, after the next patch, the flickering was also supplemented with sound problems. Sometimes they disappear in dialogues, sometimes they are distorted (xbox series s)

2 Likes

I have same problem, the screen and textures flicker after 20 minutes of the game, my eyes and head really hurt! It all started after the patch a couple of days ago, before that everything was fine.

2 Likes

Well the new patch that “Fixed a graphical issue where black textures would flash after teleporting into specific towns.” Didn’t solve my issue of my screen filling with black unfortunately.

Apparently it’s fixed.

Yet to confirm myself.

1 Like

We have a series x and have only been getting this issue since Monday 26th June when they shut for server maintenance. It was mostly Diablo 4 but it has now started to affect other games .!

I was able to fix this issue by upgrading my HBMI cable to an HDMI 2.1 cable have not seen any flickering since.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.