Living Steel Chest Bug SOLVED! #DeletetheElite

Dear Devs,

This is a solution to a “Bug” → Player Time Theft at this point.
Sorry to word it that way but it’s 100% what it is.
Unconscionable it hasn’t been fixed by now.

So I’m fixing it for you! You’re welcome.
Following is an excerpt from a post I have made multiple times.

Also please consider reviewing my post I quoted for a Helltide rework and a rework of Living Steel and Mysterious Chest INCREASE in their Detection Radius.
Thank you.

The bug is that the chest only spawns in some worlds / instances. If you go where the chest should be and its not there you can relog until you land in a valid instance. For some reason all the instance servers are not getting the same data about the chest spawn.

That may be it. For sure.
The other possibility is the Variable - The Elite.
It’s likely attached to the chest itself in their coding.
If you were nearby when it dies - the chest is there.
I’ve walked away after killing it/seeing it killed and returned 3 MINUTES later and the chest is GONE.
I’ve dropped Aspects on the ground - these items will persist in town for, well a long time. I’ve only ever measured max 6 hours in 4 different towns and 1 Vamptide.
After seeing gems and aspects persist so long and items vanish/not being mailed I got curious one day…dropped 5 in 4 cities and 1 zone - 6 hours.

Anyway that being said - Aspects are a good measuring tool.
I dropped an aspect at a VISIBLE LS Chest.
Went about my business.
Returned 2x and it was there along with Aspect.
Returned to open chest - Chest was GONE. Aspect still there.
Ported multiple times, multiple Regions - No chest. Aspect persisted.
Left game - returned - No Chest. Aspect ofc was removed due to my leaving the game.
I’ve tried various tests and ‘tethering’ myself to it by farming in relative proximity (if curious about what the detection radius is of both chests: https://imgur.com/a/Jk9HPT9 )

What I’ve determined is…
I’m 100% certain it’s all tied to the elite - also there’s possibly something deeper, but the Elite is the highest probability afaic.
Use the private server in-house and try it out Devs.
#deletetheElite

i can promise you this likely isn’t the issue.

i’ve had instances where i can see the chest but the party member next to me cant see it.

they create many instances to deal with lag, it causes that issue. cinder drop rate, chest bug. i dont know but my cinders still remain after helltide. is it feature?

It’s not about the elite, some chest disappear during the day time in game, it’s stupid
I checked multiple time, during night time (when the map is red) the chest will be there, but once it turns sunlight, the chest is gone
Changing instance work by you are hoping to enter one that’s night time

Edit : just happened, the chests will only appear during daytime in game

Whoever design this is stupid as f

Continuing the discussion from HOTFIX 3 - November 13, 2023 - 1.2.2:

Victory!!
Thanks Blizz. Nice to be right about something once in a while :slight_smile: