Is this tool from Nexus Mod bannable?

h tt ps://www.nexusmods.com/diablo4/mods/3

Please have a moderator answer this

2 Likes

You cant use any third party stuff in D4. Its quite well known. If you do you risk a ban.

6 Likes

Mobalytics is an overlay that’s aloud

Says who? Any third party stuff is not allowed even overwolf stuff.

5 Likes

Says the terms of service the overlay doesnt inject or modify files.

You are wrong.

Mobalytics / Maxroll App - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

Third Party App: Diablo IV overlay is permitted? #ModCheck - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

Is task manager bannable its an overlay that can modify memory?

3 Likes

No and you are not even right on this and you are trying to be rude and dismissive.

I wouldnt consider task manager an overlay. What exactly is it overlaying? Its a program. IT doesnt modify memory. It can end and start programs. Memory can only be modified by changing BIOS settings and stuff like that like overclocking.

2 Likes

as Urza said, any 3rd party software that interacts with diablo 4 (yes, even macros from keyboard/mouse/controller softwares are bannable.

quote from the pinned post:
All Diablo IV players agree to the Blizzard EULA as a condition of playing the game. The Blizzard EULA explicitly prohibits cheating, bots, hacks, and any other unauthorized software which automates, modifies, or otherwise interferes with the game.

1 Like

It comes down to gaining an advantage over other players. I highly doubt task manager achieves that for anyone :wink:

Edit: mind you, console players apparently have the follow function, so while that is obviously an advantage over pc, blizzard allows it because huuuurrrrrr money…

3 Likes

you will also never get an official answer for that. Overwolf for example claims their mods are safe to use and they talk to game developers. Yet, its still a risk you are taking as it is a third party software that interacts with d4.

1 Like

I dont understand why Blizzard just doesnt clearly state what is allowed and what isnt. If overwolf overlays are banned but everyone is using them and nobody is getting banned then just come out and say its allowed. No enforcement = allowed.

1 Like

very true urza. i mean turbohud for example was somewhat tolerated it seems in d3 (but no official statement on that). in d4 its for sure a no no.

christ people.

just repurchase the game on steam. use steam’s built-in officially supported in-game overlay feature. profit.

is blizzard really gonna ban people for using steam’s in-game overlay feature after they added the game to steam KNOWING that was a thing?

just uh… just dont point fingers at me if you do get banned lmfao

1 Like

I always thought a blanket statement of not using 3rd party apps, was to keep the honest, honest. I think blizzard apps automatically shutdown when cheatengine is detected. So if they were truly able to track overlays, we could expect the same result. Since overlays do not cause a shutdown scenario, it seems clear they can’t actually track how 3rd party overlays are being used.

Maybe it comes down to recording processes that are running with the game, along with your overall progression. If you are the 1% of top players, always running processes that include overlays, maybe they are just taking notes for a large ban… or again, nothing they can really do unless you’re obviously blowing the game away and hitting that top 1% with abnormal means.

1 Like

They did a crap job on interface. WE need to have things like countdown to event resets, where chests are, ect. I dont see these as an unfair adv if in an overlay as they should just be in the game already. The things that would not be fair are stuff in pvp like being able to zoom out farther or automation or such. WE need a vibrant mod pool to make game better like grim dawn.

1 Like

if we are being honest, most people use helltides dot com anyway on a second screen

6 Likes

Dint even know this was a thing. What is Bliz stance on this? Is this still a third party app? Very interesting to know what stance is here.

1 Like

blizzard uses a very invasive anti cheat system, and its accompanied by a sledgehammer approach.

any app that is interacting with d4 has the ability to get you banned and blizzard will not care about the justifications if they end up banning you.

and their penchant for banning people 6 months to 1 year after the original offense so as to obscure what got you banned really just makes any 3rd party addons not worth trying. but thats just me, everyone is free to find out that 3rd party apps will get you banned by themselves.