Is the choice to use 2 unique 2H weapons detrimental to Mainstat?

What weapon are you replacing?

Ideally, you want crit, vuln, core, and strength on your 2H if you’re using Unbridled. If you’re not using Unbridled, you want to replace core with close or all stats.

If you have a weapon like this, with a big multiplier aspect, Ancient’s Oath is hot garbage, and will be a straight loss.

It is hot garbage. There isn’t a single build it is good for. If you wanted 100% Steel Grasp Vuln/Berserk uptime, Weapon Master’s Aspect alone does that and more. 3 Charges and Stun proc is better than the Slow. If Slow Slowed ATTACK SPEED, which it should, it would be good.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that Overkill has two component to it. Deathblow skill does damage. While the unique proc also deals damage. It’s possible to crank up Deathblow damage to ridiculous numbers. Then spam Deathblow through the entire dungeon.

So, I’m not really into “real” endgame yet, I’m planning my own build with Lunging Strike/Upheaval, then Death Blow, Chain Grasp, Iron Skin, and then arsenal ult or shout. I wanted to use the aspect that guarantees overpowers every 10 swaps as well.

My main problem I have in dungeons before using this build (playing HotA w/shouts to level) is that I very often feel like there’s more than a few enemies spread a little too far apart in awkward directions, so I wanted to try out chain grasp. And, with 2H Sword expertise getting nerfed a bit, I thought I might try to use Oath to proc a slow instead of hamstring for No Mercy.

Edit: I’m only level 61 and running nm 13s with HotA currently

Slow isn’t the only condition for No Mercy. There’s an aspect that stun 5 or more close enemy. Steel Grasp can pull in 5 or more enemy. With proper aim and positioning. Unless you use a controller where autotarget grab the closest enemy. Even if the enemy is behind you off screen.

It’d be ok as a placeholder for your current level, but don’t get your hopes up or think that you’ve stumbled onto something worthwhile with that unique.

It’s cool to see 5 chains, but the skill is still buggy, and you won’t necessarily be pulling more enemies by using it.

Like most Barb uniques, it’s trash. The tiny and insignificant gain you might get from it isn’t worth the massive amounts of damage you’ll lose.

Necro’n an old post here but i started using these two weapons a week ago and ive never had so much fun in the game. I have some other uniques that mix well with them but you can pull 5 or 6 rooms of enemies and wipe them out in one grip then Death Blow as they will be vulnerable and it will likely Overpower due to my Paragon skill.

I’m hitting all enemies for up to 600-700k at the highest and as they get stunned i rarely get hit just have to deal with after affects mostly. I was squishy as hell when i started but have built around it well enough that i rarely die now. Boss fights are a bit slow but I’m basically at max fury 99% of the time as i ditched all my core skills so there are some good aspects to abuse with that. Plus if Death Blow kills an enemy it resets so you can almost endlessly spam it! Sit near a doorway and watch them funnel into their doom.

Its total mayhem and generally amounts to a button mash but it beats whirlwinding for hours or spamming the same basic/core skills. Its builds like this that make Diablo 4 so much fun, ditch the meta’s and try something obscure now and again. Im steamrolling dungeons compared to before and using the bat evade to round up countless mobs just to obliterate them all in 2 seconds is crazy fun. I calll it my Skittles build!

Steel Grasp needs to be fixed so the animation does not freeze you out for a split second when enemies are pulled to you. Ancient’s Oath Buff needs to last longer and work on Pulled Enemies and Bosses. Would be neat if you could actually build Steel Grasp to be a Primary Damage ability with enough investment. It is hard to justify losing a 2H Aspect and with S4, unless they change Uniques in a big way, it is useless.

The stats don’t matter if the weapon isn’t part of my build.