If I have to play through the same starting area one more time

You never played Diablo 2 apparently. The end game WAS the game. I’m sorry you never got to experience it. Resurrected is not the same as the original, I’d recommend picking up the original game if you can and play through it enough to reach at least level 90. It will give you months of fun! Good luck!

That is all this game is for, LOL. You can’t have Non Casual and Console in the same sentence.

3 Likes

I was kinda figuring the level scaling was only here for the beta. I could be wrong though

Yeah, all of the professional SSBM, CoD, Tekken, Street Fighter, FIFA, Madden etc players use PC to…oh wait, they don’t.

1 Like

I played Diablo 2 for years, and you’re wrong. The game did not have an end-game by design. Players just insisted on continuing to play the game and forced one. Which is pretty funny since more than 90% of the playerbase was cheating.

3 Likes

I played D2 off and on for like what…20 years now? It was LITERALLY the same path over and over for every character, repeated 3 times across 3 difficulties.

Wtf game are you playing? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Of course a game will become boring if all you can do is act 1 and lvl 25 :))
Imagine you could play just first act in diablo 2 and reach a max level of 20…woudn`t that be boring after a few hours?:)))
Think guys, it’s cheap and easy.

i`ll repeat my self…tell me how much would you enjoy diablo 2, but just act 1, normal and up to lvl 20 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Pindle (or whatever TF his name was) runs by the THOUSANDS, over and over and over and over, chasing those ultra-rare drops … and you think D2 had depth, compared to “running the same dungeons over and over” in D4 …?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

4 Likes

THEN. GO. BACK. TO. D2R.

Why is that so hard for you?

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t understand how seasons could even work with this game.

Its fine grinding out a bit of repetitive content, like those altars and dungeons to get cross character rewards. But consider how large this game is. We have been to what, half of one of the areas? That is A LOT of content to grind out.

There is no way I would do that more than once.

But it is entirely possible they will add a different game mode or some kind of alternative for seasonal play.

1 Like

Loved D2 Remastered… but give it a rest.

However, I will advocate for a fast track for alts… the starting part of D4 so far is painful for vets.

1 Like

It’d be ok if we could skip all the dialogue and choreography stuff. Like auto skip. Not mash the escape key 12 times until we get to the menu and know it skipped. Half the time, things aren’t even skippable. That all has to go if we’re repeating seasons.

3 Likes

this is one of the reasons I never played seasons in D3 or D2. abd D4 has a looooooooot of conversations in the story…

anyway, I will not plsy any season in D4 also. seasons are for no- lifers.

1 Like

But in D2… you kind of have to play the story…again on every difficulty. So I have to kill Diablo at least 3 times just to get to the end game grind. Diablo 3 I can at least hit season play and just do adventure mode for leveling and jump strait into GR climbing and build honing. Here on D4 once you get the main quest done to lvl 5ish you get 3 different main quests that pop up for each act. So work 50% thru act 1 then skip over to act 2, then do some of act 3…then go back to act 1.

2 Likes

I am always over capped on rage and using that to build fortify while stacking bleeds to rupture every 10 sec on my barbarian. My necro barely used essence. My druid had a spirit deficiency…but only got to lvl 8.

Anyone remember the Diablo 2 Demo where you could only quest till blood raven and gambling was disabled? That was fun right…and we had that for a year before we got the actual game…I miss Pizza Hut demo discs.

2 Likes

I mean leveling 7 characters during a few days of beta with a level cap of 25, limited map acces and locked content… what do you expect? There will most likely be alternative options for alts but some things will always feel and be repetitive.

1 Like

To be fair, that’s 7 runs in like 5 days.

1 Like

Hard agree with this. I want Diablo 4 to be good and it needs criticism, but some people also need to get their expectations in check for a beta nonetheless.

2 Likes

But at least in D2 there are no cutscenes, just a short video after completing an act, which can be skipped completely. You are basically fighting enemies non-stop.

The waiting for the NPCs in D4 to move and start talking becomes super annoying right on the second playthrough.