If D4 is dead and no one plays it

What does this mean? They continue to provide updates and new seasons just as they would if they never lost a single player.

1 Like

people are basically saying this since season 1 lol. Personally i think that metaphor becomes a running joke now.

remember how many game releases were supposed to “kill” diablo 4 lol.

It’s not dead as that would probably mean only a few thousand or less play it even during an active season in total. It probably has atm upwards of 30k recurrent or more players overall perhaps. And during a new season that number just like any other arpg spikes up dramatically as well.

Updates sure, not good ones. I am curious to see what the player count is. It really feels like 98% of people hate the game and 2% still love it. Don’t get me wrong i want to love it but it just feels like we’re being punished for offering any constructive criticism.

1 Like

can someone please post the link to that QA section? i dont have anything “blue above” in my browser

1 Like

I request donuts. And 20 characters.

1 Like

thanks, so blue above is a slang for pinned topics xD

Can you give me all your mats then? Since you don’t need them.

What does this have to do with saying a game is barely alive or on life support? There will always be people that dont like changes or updates. I am still not sure what it means to say the following. What does this mean exactly?

If a majority of people aren’t liking the updates then they’ll eventually get tired of it and leave. My whole clan bailed before season 1. The less amount of players means it’s not doing well. Blizzard wants more players. I’m not saying there aren’t people playing right now but if in a year’s time its just in the hundreds, why bother. Let me ask you and it’s not sarcasm or anything like that. Do you personally think it’ll get better?

I dont care if it gets better or not. If it seems interesting I will play for awhile and then do something else. You still havent explained what it means that the game is barely staying alive or is on life support. I am guessing you used those phrases without really having a meaning for them. Please understand, I dont mean any offense from this, I am just trying to understand what you are saying.

Obviously it means nobody is playing or very few. It’s all about the amount of players. It’s probably lost millions of players. Right now its not in a healthy state.

You have no idea how many people are playing, so this is even more meaningless. I understand now, when you say the game is on life support it is only based on your limited perception of things. It has nothing to do with the money being invested, the content being developed or plans for the future. Here I was thinking we had something factual to discuss.

Do you actually know? Do you see how many people are hating on this game. Look i get that you love the game. I get the white knighting. I want to be there with you but clearly you haven’t been paying any attention to the updates. You haven’t been paying attention to people and what they want. If you love it then I’m happy for you. I’m crossing my fingers for you that something good will come out of the campfire chat. Best of luck with D4 going forward.

I never claimed to know.

I dont love this game. Not sure where you are getting that. I never even alluded to liking the game.

I just pointed out that saying the game is on life support isnt based on any factual knowledge you have other than some personal opinion. The company is still pumping out updates and content and even has multiple expansions in the works. Im not sure how life support or barely alive means all of that.

How do you know there’s multiple expansions? Only one got announced. There’s reason to believe there would be. Vessel of hatred, something of destruction and something of terror. So what’s your personal opinion? Is it doing well? Going to win that multiplayer award at the BAFTA’s?

Maybe because they have said it several times.

1 Like

Hopefully we can get there. I am worried about the game going forward honestly.

We dont have enough information to know if it is doing well. We dont know how many players we have or how much money it is taking in. If you like the game or not is really all that matters.

Im not sure why you would waste time worrying about something like this. If you like it then play, if not just do something else.