I got the World Boss rewards by doing nothing - needs fixing!

I’ll preface this by saying I only recently arrived to World Tier 3, so there’s a lot I’m discovering for the first time atm.

Yeah, I just rocked up to the fight by accident (was headed to another location). The boss was only a few hits away from dying, I contributed out of confusion by making a few hits on the boss, it fell, and I was rewarded with all the loot. I felt bad, so decided to make this thread to report on it.

Is this a bug? Because this should not be the case at all. Players should not be rewarded anything for such a pitiful contribution to a World Boss event.

Yes, I’ve noticed that some players have discovered several dungeons that provide high experience gains. This is not ideal. Instead of repeatedly farming the same dungeons, everyone should have equal opportunities in any dungeon they choose. That way, players can gather at any dungeon entrance and not just a couple of specific ones.
I think we should weaken these as soon as possible. This is more important than updating new content.

I hope the official staff can provide us with a platform to report these abnormal occurrences. This way, we can identify the issues promptly and assist Blizzard in addressing them. This game is crucial to the world, and we should prioritize its well-being rather than solely focusing on our personal gains.

How is this a problem?

It’s open to abuse. Players just can just camp outside the boss area, then come in last minute to reap the rewards for a fight they did not contribute much to.

Working as intended.

How are you so sure this is what Blizzard wanted? It sounds like a dumb feature to me.

Unfortunately, this is not a bug. It happens all the time and it’s even worse in some cases. I’ve seen many players do this on purpose.

The capstone dungeon is not solo required and you can just have a friend carry you through it. I had a level 51 following me around in World Tier 4 collecting cinders and loot from mobs I killed in Helltide.

Or they 48 that showed up to a Legion event and chain died while the rest of us did the 3 chest.

I would like it if somebody tells me when a world boss pops up. I’ve been playing this game since day one and have not seen anything like that a world boss notification (UNLESS it’s only on world tier 3 and above) - if that’s the case then ok.