I don't think Blizzard understands what make an arpg fun

So, getting to level 29… you NEVER get ahead of the curve no matter what mobs you are fighting. You are always on the middle of the curve.

This translates to fighting mobs you fought at level 6 to take the same amount of time at level 29. Do you truly think taking 5 minutes to fight trash mobs because of the damage scaling and mob scaling is fun?

It’s a cheap and uninventive way of trying to make zone relevant and it’s boring as hell. The entire point of an arpg is to get to god mode and mow through hordes of mobs. This is why you seek out better gear, higher stats, etc. If the curve is flat, there is almost no point to it other than to keep up with the mob scaling.

56 Likes

5 minutes? Thats a build problem. I kill trash packs in about 30 seconds. I only have 1 legendary even. I almost die if i try to faceroll and i actually have to pay attention. Yes… i call that fun.

Edit. Im a level 31 poison barrage rogue. Im massively off meta so no, im not playing the op tb death trap spec.

12 Likes

I don’t know any ARPG where you are lvl 29 still in the campaign are mowing anything down?

2 Likes

5 minutes? Thats a build problem. I kill trash packs in about 30 seconds. I only have 1 legendary even. I almost die if i try to faceroll and i actually have to pay attention. Yes… i call that fun.

ok? Level? Class? What skills are you talking about? Casting 6/5 hydra + 7/5 Blizzard + 4/5 frost bolt… sit… wait for timer as you chip away with frost bolt. So, what am I doing wrong that’s a “build issue” against the same mobs I fought at level 6?

1 Like

I added that in an edit while you were replying.

TC idea of ‘fun’ is have every enemy turn into a loot goblin.

30 seconds tf im killing most packs in 5 seconds or a bit longer when I leave them for the bleed.

Were all playing like a different game.

2 Likes

Well hydra is pretty hot garbage atm take that out for starters.

Its useable but your not using it correctly even so delete that.

I’d just head over to max roll and check sorc leveling build its not perfect but its gonna be like night a day above what your running.

1 Like

Grim dawn? or you didnt play it too?

1 Like

So your solution is go to some theory craft site and do a arc lash meta build scaled for level 50? I feel like you missed my point entirely.

3 Likes

For you maybe. But a loy of people like the challenge. Thats why they invented grifts in d3 . They wanted higher difficulty.

They stop scaling once you hit the higher tiers. Then you fight your way through completely optional content if you want a challenge.

If you are taking longer than 5-10 seconds to obliterate everything on your screen. This is a you problem.

2 Likes

It scales to your level’s base stats but i think if you have decent talents and gear you should be noticing improvements in efficiency.

Now if the content is scaled to gear as well id be kinda irritated at that

Do you have something to proc vuln or use an ability that benefits from overpower? You pretty much need to have a build that utilizes one of those mechanics consistently

Sorcs are very limited when it comes to peoccing vuln.

If you have weapons that are too far behind your level, you definitely feel it. Other gear, not as much.

Same… trash is stupid easy… bosses are much harder without the right build and rotation.

1 Like

Not 1 dev who was a part of an ARPG in the past has ever said this, unless ofc you can bring up a miraculous quote of any major dev saying such a thing OR an ARPG literally telling you in its tutorial or regular campaign actually saying “the entire point of your progress is so you can steam roll through “trash” until you get bored of our game”.

You are just the small % of the population who have an addiction to always wanting the cheap thrill of defeating 1000’s of mobs extremely easily in 1 day’s worth of play.

So Mose’s, where are the testaments stating what an ARPG should be?

4 Likes

IMO, we should focus to provide more MMO-RPG functions like World-Chat etc. This is more important for me than mobs.

1 Like