I dont like the direction

I don’t think that ever changed, but sure… :thinking:

Item Power is now useless, at level 75-80 I already get them from pits and dungeons. There should be a way to raise the item to 925. Look, I found a single one with maximum power, one but it’s only 870 IP, that’s in weapons is death.

The climb shouldn’t be useless. There should be materials that drop more frequently and at level 100 it can reduce the drop of Legendaries.

1 Like

When I hit 100 I want a potion reward that levels an alt to 100. No bloody class quest, no levelling grind, just let me get on with it.

It’s like having to run a mile so you can take an Uber, just cut the chaff for alternate characters.

1 Like

You said it. However, anyone who has played WoW might have seen this coming from Blizzard.

The reason so many people flocked to Classic WoW back in 2019 (and some still do) is that leveling experience, the process of building a character as you progress throughout this big open world, was relatively long. It was one of the “pillars” of that game’s experience.
Expansion after expansion, as they began trivializing leveling to cater to “I only want to raid” Chads, the leveling process was cheapened until it became the mundane chore it is today (admission, I haven’t played current WoW since approx 3 hours of Shadowlands then quitting).

Blizzard just can’t seem to help themselves. They don’t learn from their own darn history, their own mistakes.

I know this would be another huge rework, but I wish D4 was like D2 in that you could get useful items at many character levels and that the long long grind to 100 was part of end game.

3 Likes

the problem is the season, no one wants to play 500 hours to get to 100. They tried a longer leveling, but it was heavily criticized.

Item power is a big problem

Borderlands games shower you with good loot, thing is there’s a ton of variance with that loot. D4 doesn’t have variance in terms of loot and the Aspect system devalues loot to begin with.

It’s a major design flaw that can’t be fixed without an item 3.0 patch.

1 Like

TBH don’t think items are the issue anymore (perhaps a little, but there’s a bigger issue)

It is the stupid damage formulas and HP scaling and self-multiplied multipliers

Every level monsters gain 17% HP, meaning every 5 levels double the HP, every 10 levels 20x the HP, every 30 levels 100x the HP…

I mean do the math lol, as long as that stays to be the case no amount of item rework will do