HC does ever class have a extra life ability that saves u once?

Im sure i saw something like this on my sorcerer like we used the mercs for in D3 and passives…

Anywa does every class get one?

From what I saw, just the sorc. But there are also potions you can use to cheat death.

3 Likes

So, HC is not really HC. I always thought it was funny in D3 how many ways you could cheat death in “HC”.

2 Likes

scrolls of escape are pretty nifty as well.

still better than poe’s logout macro lol

2 Likes

Can u explain these potitions in detail? Im assuming its the exliver of evade death orvsomethingvlike that… had the recipr drop but no ides on how it work properly can u enlighten me?

https://mythicdrop.com/guide/diablo-4-scroll-of-escape

There is a scroll of escape that will teleport you to a random location upon use. Also, if you disconnect it will auto-consume and save you as well.

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/item/elixir-of-death-evasion-1236438

Elixir of Death Evasion: For the next 30 minutes, prevent death once and become Immune for 2 seconds. Once this takes place, you cannot benefit from it again for 5 minutes. This Elixir is special, and may be used alongside any other Elixir.

So…these two items in conjunction with any potential death cheat skills really make for a less hardcore Hardcore in D4. But that’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

Do u know what it takes to make them? Are you looking at being able to easily sustain both at all times or are they for certain times only.

Pretty sure they are easily crafted.

Blizzard have really nullified the HC experience with these imo.

2 Likes

Personally i really liked them in D3. Running 2 really allowednyou to take more risk and pushbyour skills in HC

I guess they are here in D4 as there are likely some irritating one shot mechanics, or maybe Blizzard are worried about unstable servers.

Either way HC just feels like overall less of an achievement now. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Was it even possible to die in Diablo 3?

(dumb question, I know: Of course it was possible… anything’s possible within a game’s structure, including a character death or two, it just wasn’t at all probable unless one deliberately handicapped one’s toon, like charging into the endgame wearing no armor and carrying no weapons, determined to take on Malthael mano-a-mano, Rumble in the Jungle style… or perhaps turning off the monitor and sound, and randomly clicking the mouse and function buttons)

You will be glad you have something to help with a mishap out of your control would otherwise have killed your char.

1 Like

With Diablo 3, I’d agree. Did they remove the insta-quit feature though that was present during the betas with part 4 though?

Back in those lazy, hazy days of the 1990s internet when dinosaurs still wandered the earth, when Adam and Eve were busy inventing the wheel and toasting marshmallows over a cheery campfire and when sys admins at Blizzard seemingly solved almost Diablo-related issue by randomly turning off and on servers without warning, the greatest HC challenge was seemingly avoiding yet another hilarious death on the stairs, often brought about by a tsunami of lag and rubber-banding because some cracker with a Sportster 14.4 decided to jump into the game and collect himself a few ears.

In the middle of battle, out would come Diablo scanner just to make sure the new guy was halfway legit and ears were not being carried.

But, hey, once those hurdles were successfully leaped, it was pretty much clear sailing until the final duet with Diablo.

And lordy the fun… nay, the unbridled, heady glee! … of zappin’ that guy with the endless Apocalypse routine before he was released from his box, and then picking up the spoils. Mission accomplished! Time to take a victory lap around the flat-top’s landing deck while the plane was still in motion. Fiddle dee dee, this was the life for me.

Challenge-wise, shooting fish in a barrel couldn’t compare, and yes it certainly lacked the elegance that all HC players strive for… but, hey, Diablo… always another run the next day.

As for the occasional in-game mishap, yup, HC-SOP: blame the other guy! Or an unexpected mouse failure! Or the wrath of the gods in an unscheduled power outage! All’s fair when it comes to love and Diablo :slightly_smiling_face: