Having second thoughts

Got in twice and was able to play for maybe 10m then disconnected. Glad I didn’t prepurchase and now I’ll probably wait for a month after release to decide on purchasing. Not sure why you would have an open beta if your servers aren’t remotely stable yet, it just leaves a bad impression on potential buyers.

Its a -stress test- to make launch better.

So you didn’t read the announcement Blizzard posted everywhere on how this beta would be unstable as they gauge server requirements?

More like an Alpha. Server stability should have been mostly ironed out during closed beta.

3 Likes

Let us know when you get to third thoughts.

1 Like

What do you expect them to say? Hey guys, we totally messed up and dropped the ball?

They can’t test server stability for 20,000+ people if they don’t have that many employee’s, that’s what they are testing and all of the complaining as long as it has substantive feedback as to why helps them establish a better baseline for launch.

Stress testing can be automated, you can easily simulate 20k people logging in and use scripts/ai to simulate playing.

2 Likes

What are you talking about? They released the statement BEFORE the beta. On THESE forums. lol

Wrong. You can’t possibly account for the amount of global ISPs and differences in network architecture from incoming clients. Lot of overnight networking engineers tonight, as I expected.

They did say there wanted to stress test the servers to the limits to find all the bugs and issues - that is what they appear to be doing.

It’s hard to give feedback though when you can’t play though.

The feedback you provide here is just as valuable as the stuff within the game, last weekend the first couple days were atrocious and then the last day I was never disconnected, give it time it’s what they need