Game crashing after Nvidia Update

Since this keeps happening, perhaps Blizzard should recommend specific drivers instead of telling people to just update to the newest.

The problem with that is that this appears to be SKU specific, meaning different drivers are optimal for different versions of the GPUs (4060, 4070, etc.). Blizzard canā€™t realistically be expected to iterate on all of the possible GPU and driver combinations.

2 Likes

That makes sense. It is just very frustrating to have to download and use a 3rd party tool to undo what Blizzard told you to do.

1 Like

No argument there. :smiley:

1 Like

Anyone with a RTX4080. What grapic driver did you go back to, to get it to not crash?

any fixes for the game freezing on a geforce 770 ?? Season 1 2 and 3 everything was running smooth but now i cant play mre than 5 minutes witout freezing

1 Like

Only solution ATM is to rollback with previous drivers:

552.44-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql

One thing I would like to add, that fixed all my problems completely. I updated my motherboard Bios to the most recent. Its scary to do and its a pain. but it literally solved all my Diablo 4 crashing issues in one update. So make sure you check what Bios your motherboard is on.

I assume all testing was done on completely upgraded Biosā€™s

This is one of the things that should be done, especially with the newer Intel generation of CPUs.

LOL

Donā€™t make that assumption. Considering how many different motherboards are out there, over the last several years, its far more likely that most players are running on the BIOS that came with their board. Many would have no idea how to deal with it. And the developers are far more likely to be running on a select pool of hardware, most of which may or may not be fully up to date, depending on the development cycle. (they develop the patch, they test it, and it may go live after say an update to the graphic driver that they didnā€™t develop it on for example)

And I will point out. Anyone that wantā€™s to get their BIOS updated and is afraid to do so for one reason or another, I will offer a couple of tips:

Make sure your system is connected to a battery backup (if its not a laptop) as a precaution.

Research your motherboard and make sure you know the exact model and revision. That is so you can identify the correct BIOS for the board.

Many newer boards have software to ā€œassistā€ in downloading or updating the BIOS for you, and that can be done with either a tool installed into Windows from the motherboardā€™s website, or directly from the BIOS itself.

If you donā€™t want to attempt it yourself, find a reputable PC repair shop and have them do it for you.

LOL,

i would like to think thats how they tested the motherboards, but you are most likely correct lol

but my latest driver is 474.82 on a geforce 770 ā€¦ and thats the most recent

oh i just had an update to 475, i can play the game even less now :rofl:
what a sht show