Game cannot be played yet?!

same here i purchased the ultmate edition and nothing cannot play yet and it is after 7 here in boston

Then you will want to post on the Tech Support forum where someone from Blizzard can try to check your account for you.

Changing regions worked for me

1. Change the battle.net application’s region. To do this, click your BattleTag in the top right, choose “Log Out” then use the settings cogwheel above your username blank to change to a different region and log back in. This refreshes the application’s cache and should fix the problem.
3 Likes

Its not Blizzard, its the 200 Million people online trying to play, lol

1 Like

Done both a few times. :frowning:

I am having the same issue, Ultimate Edition and can’t play.

This fixed it for me! Ty

Try all the steps in the Tech Support sticky please.

It that does not work, post on the Tech Support forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

this worked for me. Thanks.

Tried both of these mutliple times.
Doesn’t help.

1 Like

Literally tried every fix in this post and nothing. Happy for those though that it did work for.

Error “This game cannot be played yet”
Below that is green text that says “You have pre-installed the game”
Yet I can’t click the play button.
I restarted battlenet.
I did an update to battlenet.
I rebooted my pc.
I uninstalled then reinstalled D4
No luck :frowning:

Try the rest of the steps here, including change Region.

been trying for an hour, restarted pc multiple times, restarted blizz client, tried scan and repair… everything short of uninstalling and reinstalling which I am really not keen on trying… still greyed out saying ‘game cannot be played yet’… I did the -launch in properties of game file thing to get straight in and when I do that I get code 7, can’t login, anyone any ideas?

Restarted App and PC multiple times. Still unavailable

Please check the Tech Support forum starting with this thread including the Region change. [PC] Unable to Log In with Digital Deluxe or Ultimate Edition Early Access? Info Here! - #3

Post in Tech Support if none of that helps.

Let me solve most of you guys problem. You need Digital Deluxe Version or Ultimate Version to be able to " PLAY " now. I purchased normal version, I thought I could play but nope. They literally say pay more, play earlier. Super player friendly company.

I am sorry you thought that. Was the article on it not clear as to which versions could start early and when started on the main announced release day?

Early Access to Diablo IV begins on June 1 at 4 p.m. PDT for anyone who pre-purchases a Digital Deluxe or Ultimate Edition before our official launch.

The official launch for Diablo IV begins on June 5 at 4 p.m. PDT. This is when owners of any edition of Diablo IV can begin their journey.

Probably I should have read better

PC player here. I was struggling for the past 6 hours trying to find out why I couldn’t hit the play button even though I purchased the ultimate edition. What worked for me was logging out of the battle.net app, pressing the cog wheel, and changing my region to a different area. Once I logged in I was able to press the play button. I logged out a selected my region again, and now I’m playing.

1 Like