Full Screen option is gone after Update?

I downloaded the 80 gig beta game and played for about 30 minutes. Then the game froze and had to restart. The battle.net client did an 30 mb update and now I can’t play the game in Full Screen anymore after the update. Only in Full-screen windowed mode and window mode.

Anybody else having the Full Screen option gone after an update ?

2 Likes

Yep, done a post about this one hour ago!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/bring-back-exclusive-fullscreen-please-not-about-performance/8551/4

It need to be brought back!

2 Likes

Thank you for the info.

Same issue here, Window mode makes my game freeze and black screen for at least ten mins after login, please bring back full screen mode

Same Issue for me. Played with friends last night for hours with no issues at all.

Woke up this morning to a D4 update and the game is basically unplayable. The “full-screen” option is now gone and it doesn’t show what resolution im playing on nor can i change it. The screen tearing is crazy. Keeps flashing in and out of desktop very quickly and my sound cuts for 2 seconds. it feels like everytime i cllick to attack it wants to go to desktop. very frustrating.

I also have the same issue.
Downloaded, played fine being able to set resolution in full screen mode.

Noticed when i minimized or pressed windows key, D4 would crash triggering a popup window with and error code to submit to blizzard.

Then had to restart D4 and wait in line to login and just not minimize it lol.
When i was done for the night i noticed it did the update.

Didn’t try it after the update until now and like others above the full screen option is gone and the ability to change resolution is greyed out.

So i assume they noticed s glitch with full screen and disabled that option temp until they fix it but i could be wrong.

Unplayable on my 3080ti laptop after the update since it has huge resolution display. I was setting it up half res and worked perf 60-120fps before but now even dynamic res which looks really bad doesn’t make game work smoother.
So it’s end of beta for me after one day.

The game became unplayable for me once the full screen option was taken away… good job blizz.

Thanks to blizzard my screen blacks now out on windowed mode because mid range cards can not run this and its very squishy. This has not been tested clearly. Thats why they had to remove an option, this is not a hotfix, this is a act of despair. They really made more problems than what they fixed, I can now just look on a black screen and listen to music and imagine how the game eventually could look like. All this because a kid had to cry about a random alt tab crash that is really unnecessary anyways. its because they had to press it fast in case their mom joins their little room so that they can escape the game. Rather press alt4 or windows button instead if you really got to leave real fast. Thanks to the kids I can not play fullscreen anymore! Blizzard removes options and calls it a fix, really is that how pathetic it goes now? Cant wait for the diablo 4 launch to remove items out the game and calling it a item nerf