Friday - you have been warned!

i only got about 1.5 hours to play when the gates open. i hope i dont have to spend that time waiting in que.

A bit, but the Karen in me is still upset…

Of course, how could I forget… We need a blue to address my specific concerns in a personalized, completely agreeable and preferably custom video response with many apologies for their obvious ineptitudes.

/s

Queues are lame, they promised non for release. 1hr wait 15 minutes before beta launch…

Im in queue atm :smiley:
25 min atm

you end up waiting in line irl for things you paid for too. it happens when something attracts a lot of ppl.

there’s a lot of humans it is what it is. maybe too many? :wink:

No, they did not promise no queues. They CAN’T promise no queues. That is impossible.

They also told us there would be queues this weekend intentionally. They need to test login load and instance tech.

Here is a great article on what to expect this weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

at least they put out a notice.
that is still acceptable on my book.
hour an half queue, ffs…
i wonder if people actually got in. I think it’s just bullocks, they want to monitor each entrance

I would rather them test the control gates now than have it all fall over dead for days/weeks like D2R did. D2R has a massive database architecture issue (they used the 20 year old one) which was at the core of that.

I am for breaking all the things now if launch goes better.

EDIT - I am IN! Now to see how long that lasts.

1 Like

no argument. but i did like that in this part of the beta they actually put up a notice in battle net that they are aware of this, which was lacking in last week.

bastard…:slight_smile: myself 30 minutes…

I started my queue about 5 mins before “launch” seeing as the warning message at the top of the screen had gone away. So, I guess it was a 20 min queue or so?

Not terrible. I expected I was too early and would end up in a faux queue and have to start over.

Now the hard part. Necro or Druid first!!!

enjoy!!! i’m continuing my barb journey…never got to 25 yet…and haven’t finished all quests…not sure i will be able to even

Some are locked but the main story does go for a fair way. And I thought it was disturbing, sad, and a lot of other things. Looking forward to release. Side quests also all add to the story and lore that is going on, more than I expected. They are not just “kill 5 bunnies and bring me their tails”.

IRL you don’t get booted to the back of the line randomly. Was in than the game crashed because apparently minimizing/clicking my second monitor does that now for me.

Have you tried running Fullscreen-windowed mode?

I give my respect to people playing on Friday.
I certainly won’t do so, and will wait for non peak times.

And as always,
Hail our Mother Lilith.

I did it last week at launch.

I’ll wait until I get off work to do it again today haha.

It took me a while to hit 25. You’ll have the “diablo vets” troll and say I’m just slow, but it took me around 10-12 hours. Not a hundred percent sure since it has been a week, but I remember it took me two gaming sessions to hit 25.

I know it’s intentional, but that’s a very stupid thing to do with intent.

On top of that, it’s one thing that there’s (currently) a 50 minute queue, but it’s laughably pathetic that your “Log-in attempt will expire” and your game force-closes itself. It just happened to me, I couldn’t believe my eyes. Why even allow queue timers that are longer than the credentials’ expiry time???

And here I was sitting with the impression that they’ve deployed hotfixes to address exactly this kind of behaviour.

EDIT: In the minute or two it took me to make this post, I have GAINED an extra 20 minutes of queue time.

This weekend is going to be frustrating as they test tech when faced with massive unknown logins. I hope you get in shortly though! Also if you don’t have good cooling going on your PC, set that up, esp a laptop. I have not had issues, but some folks find heating issues.