Friday - you have been warned!

They have blatantly said they are going to force Queues on Friday to test the servers…

1 Like

yes they did so they know how many are queued in for minutes to hours. That will give them how many servers they will need for launch day.

That is wishful thinking…it will be chaos again for sure.

It will not be better. If the last 20 years is any indication, they will not deploy enough resources to ensure that every player can actually get in-game.

Imagine trying to check your email and being put in a queue. Or trying to watch a youtube video and being put in a queue. Who would tolerate that?

2 Likes

i expect to get in queue early, get disconnected just as i enter the game. then have a 2 hours queue. after that everything should be gucci

1 Like

Eh, they are intentionally allowing/forcing queues as part of the testing that they need to do so there will be some.

They put up a post about it at the top of the forums.

4 Likes

Naturally they wont, it would be dumb to fork out the money for the real estate to provide service to the MAX load, opposed to just the average load thats to be expected with some wiggle room. Even with virtual expansion capabilities, you still have to pay for that. It sucks, but thats why it sucks, and always will.

This is what Beta is all about man. Stress testing their servers, testing their content, giving feedback, and reporting bugs. If it is just 1 million players, they have fixed ques for that. If it is more than than, which I think there will be, then prepare for the que times because they will happen.

2 Likes

Only actual day that even matters is the 25th, but with a huge wave of low level players it’s going to be hell to get enough 25’s to even do the world boss event at specific times. I wasn’t able to get him down in two attempts cause low levels kept taking spots of actual useful dps.

If they were smart they would open servers slightly early(30m-1hr) at a random undisclosed time. This would remove that spike you get which causes problems and allow a more gradual flash flood of logins. Sadly they aren’t smart and will open the doors to the masses at 9am, like black friday at BestBuy.

I posted about this on another post but no one seemed interested:

World Boss level restrictions - PC General Discussion - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

Yea people forget this every time its quite sad.

Except that we’re all paying for the game, and paying a lot. In what other industry is it an accepted practice to pay for a service that you can’t use without waiting in line?

They know exactly how many copies of the game they sold.
They know exactly how many beta codes were redeemed.
And they have years and years and years of data to analyze what the load graph will look like from launch day and beyond.

Making sure they have enough resources should be the norm, like in every other industry in existence. They can always scale down to save costs if the load is lower than forecast or as it diminishes over time.

6 Likes

Any service where servers are a thing…

This is standard practice.

You dont build an engine to redline 24/7. You build it to withstand a good average rpm and last. The money it would cost to run pinned out non stop would be exponentially more and not worth it.

Blizzard IS a business, in it for a profit. It would be financially irresponsible to dump all that money just so people dont have to wait and and not flood these forums with tears.

I understand you dont know how the things work that you are going to be mad about, but, thats how it is.

1 Like

LOL sure. Which is why we have performance benchmarks and pageload benchmarks for literally every web service in existence.

But ok. You’re the “smart” guy in the room.

1 Like

Right now, clearly I am, thank you for acknowledging.

Good thing it doesn’t take you waiting in a 1 hour queue to post on these forums.

Imagine that. Wonder how they figured out how to make that work.

3 Likes

Entirely different. Comparing apples to bowlingballs my dude. Youre showing even more clearly you dont know wtf you’re talking about.

1 Like

:facepalm: Underlying devices and technology is identical. The only difference is the application. In any case, I didn’t get on here to argue. The very same standards of connectivity and availability could apply to games that apply to every other web connected application, if gamers demanded it.

Same load issues. Same cost concerns. Etc.

1 Like

Wrong again. You just keep striking out man. Keep going, its funny.

“You mean the files are IN the computer?”

Lol.

1 Like