Fired up the PTR tonight to see if I can get it to work for me, couple things right up front:

If you are getting the requirement about upgrading your GPU drivers:

Add -bypassgpudrivercheck to the game settings (gear cog) Additional command line arguments.

This will then ignore the driver version.

My system is still running the 4080 Super FE release drivers from Jan 31st of this year. The game requires version 552.something. I’m still running 551.31. I chose to go this route, as I’m unwilling to upgrade just because the game says I need to. I have seen too many others upgrade only to have the game get borked.

After setting that to skip the GPU check, the game loads up and works fine so far.

I did have to go in and change many settings to match those in the live version. However I got right in, selected a character, chose a difficulty and loaded right into town.

So to recap:

• If you don’t want to upgrade your GPU drivers, use the -bypassgpudrivercheck command.
  • Verify the game settings before you start the game the first time.

Will update this post as I check the PTR out, and will relay any suggestions if needed when/if I encounter a problem.

Feel free to share any tips some of you might have from playing in the PTR that you may have had to use to get something to work better or fix an issue.